G-H can walleye G-H can walleye G-H can walleye G-H can walleye

Thread: G-H can walleye

Default G-H can walleye

Heard some limits were being caught around g-h can. Went there about 6:30 this am. Two of us caught about 30-40 short fish with no keepers. We were drifting and casting gold bladed rigs. We then went out toward Niagra where we caught 6 or so short fish casting . We then tried dipsys with stinger spoons and couldn't get any eyes to go. Quit about 1 pm. Got pretty hot out there. Also caught sheepshead, white perch, catfish and yellow perch. Others were trolling near g-h. Saw a few shorts netted.

My last two outings in that area has been non stop short fish with no keepers too. I have since given up in that area for now.

Had family north of g Monday with his younger son, no keepers, largest was 14.75. But 35 toss backs in 3 hrs sure made a 6 year olds day.

Just think these shorts will only be thought of as s problem for this year, thsee are the fish that will fill our freezers and kept us all on the water for the next 10 years or so. Yes my freezer is low, but I am thankful to see such a healthy future for the lake I love to be on. My kids are only 1 and 3, these 2014,2015 fish are the ones I will get to hopefully make the same memories with my kids and my nieces and nephews, that I got to have with my dad and papa.

We all should be thankful cause we are seeing first hand the health future of the lake, so please handle these fish with care

I was up last weekend and fished this area but for some reason we did not catch a keeper on north side of g can. Moved just south of the can and caught 3 keepers from 17-21. Headed up in the morning to try it again. Anyone still having luck casting?? Going to be a beautiful weekend. Any luck casting around Kelly's?