Fall fishing on Erie Fall fishing on Erie Fall fishing on Erie Fall fishing on Erie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall fishing on Erie

Hello, I'm a newbie looking for some help and advise. I’ve always fished Erie at the end of May and beginning of June. In addition to my normal time of year, I’ve got my sites on a late October trip. Not sure where I should post this to, western or central Erie. I’m looking for recommendations on what to troll, and what size baits to troll. I’ve read on the Husky Jerks, Reef Runners, sounds like bandits are the ticket this year. What’s your guys favorite size and color? What bait is it that you don’t want to go out without? Do you guys troll spoons in the fall? I’m set up with cannon boards and Big Jon troll mast. I usually troll spoons and crawler harnesses. Is Huron the ticket for the fall? Western Basin? Looking for recommendations for lodging also. I'm planning on fishing 3-4 days. I've stayed at Camp Perry twice this year. I’ve stayed at Little Joes also. If I have to trailer the boat a few miles every morning, it’s not a big deal. I’m familiar with launching at Wild Wings, Catabwa, and Mazurik Any recommendation, I thank you for in advance. I can not wait!! I just want to be thoroughly prepared for this trip, well as much as possible.
    Last edited by Congo; 07-05-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: forgot some things

Post Thanks / Like

Late October is a gamble for walleyes in the western basin. On average, the large schools of walleyes don't make it back to the western basin until November. For that time of year I would stay farther East, at least to Lorain or Avon for walleye fishing. I'm referencing the large migratory schools, you can always scratch up a few fish in the fall around the islands or in front of Huron, Sawmill, Cranberry, etc. Then again, maybe you get lucky and hit the rare year they make it back. For fall fishing, you'll want to stock up on cranks like Reef Runners and Bandits.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Captain Greg. I'll start looking for a place to stay further east. I'm getting excited to have an opportunity to fish Erie in the fall. Thanks again for the input

Thanks

Congo