Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16 Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16 Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16 Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16

Default Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16

I met Greg and Duane at Big Bopper's this morning, since they had to check out of their hotel, so they could follow me to Mazurik's afterwards. We launched at 5:45 and headed to Canada...finally!!

It was a perfect morning, with cooler temps, and a very light SW wind. The sunrise was picture perfect....so, yeah, I took a picture.
    We made good time, floating across the water at 50mph in the Ranger, and were set up and fishing by 6:05.

I had originally planned on fishing with crawler harnesses first, but that changed at breakfast, when one of the other Captains told me he had been up to the same spot the day before and did well on the Bandits. So, we started with Bandits, because you all know how much I like to run them!
    We pulled 3 fish in a half a pass, on the Khaki color 55 back. They weren't jumping in the boat, so we made a slight move to the NW and changed up to crawler harnesses. We ran 4 boards and two bottom bouncers to start, but eventually took one bottom bouncer out of the set up, due to the chaos that was happening with a steady bite.

Single blade harnesses behind 1oz inline weights at 1.2mph was the ticket. You could actually even go slower, since a fish hit on the slow side of a turn.

The fishing was fantastic today, but the little bugs were horrendous! I'm pretty sure I swallowed more than a dozen of those little buggers. My guys called, "Uncle!" So, we cut the trip short with 9 good eaters in the box. The largest fish today was just under 27", so they were happy with the catch and couldn't wait to get that Evinrude revved up and moving fast...to blow the bugs out of the boat, and our faces. lol

They followed me to Bay's Edge, where I dropped their fish off, so they could pick up their fish from the day before too. They said they had a great time, and want to come back again next summer...and, that made me happy.

I spent 2 hours detailing the inside of the boat this afternoon, and will do the outside tomorrow or Tuesday, since I have both days off.

I'll be back at it Wednesday, and I do believe we will be heading back up to Canadian water....woot! woot!

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16-day-2-fishing-greg-duane-7_3_16img_6623-jpg Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16-day-2-fishing-greg-duane-7_3_16img_6625-jpg Day 2 of 2 Fishing with Greg and Duane 7/3/16-day-2-fishing-greg-duane-7_3_16img_6626-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Glad to hear if your success Juls! Thanks for another great report.