Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16 Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16 Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16 Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16

Well, there was a change in plans, since I thought we were heading to Canada this morning. Due to a miscommunication, they had only bought a one day license that they planned on using tomorrow. So, we headed back to Huron to run the same program, in the same areas, that I had run with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis yesterday.

We ended up with 8 nice walleye, a couple of cats, and a handful of big barn yard animals. When we loaded out, the DNR was there doing a cooler check for size limits, and asking questions about the fishing. We had only one small one that I knew to keep only if it was 15 1/4 or larger. The reason I don't keep fish that hit the 15" line, is that when they hit the ice in the cooler, they shrink. It was a good call, because that 15 1/4" walleye was 15 inches when he measured it...or, in his words, "On the money".
    He mentioned that our 8 fish were the nicest he had seen all day, and then he held up our 15 incher and said, "Everyone else is bringing this size in". That made Greg and Duane very happy, and I can't lie, it made me smile too!

Greg and Duane had never trolled with Off Shore boards before, or any trolling for that matter, so it was all new to them. They did a great job learning to set lines, and before they knew it, I wasn't correcting them as much as I was in the beginning.

It was a beautiful day, with calm winds, and partly sunny skies....with the exception of a lot of little tickley bugs!

We are headed to Canada in the morning, but this time we'll start with crawlers. That should throw them a little curve.

It's supposed to be another beautiful day, so I hope everyone gets out on the lake and enjoys the weekend.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16-fishing-greg-duane-7_2_16img_6614-jpg Day 1 of 2 with Greg and Duane 7/2/16-fishing-greg-duane-7_2_16img_6620-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters