Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16 Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16 Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16 Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16

Default Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16

Today's trip was with one of my favorite regular customers, Ben Rewa, and his friends, Doyle and Dennis. I picked them up from the Penninsula Motel at 4:30, and we hit Big Bopper's for breakfast.
    While there, I had shown them the wind forecast for the day, which was going to keep us from making the run all the way up to Canadian waters. The forecast was calling for building winds from the SW...that would switch to the WNW, with gusts as high as 28mph.

With some helpful information from another Captain at the restaurant, we decided to make the trek over to Huron to launch. We headed over to the area between Cranberry and the Castle, and set up in 24-25 foot of water on an NE troll (wind behind us). I took off the crawler harnesses that I was planning to use up by Pelee, and put the trusty old Bandits on again. We set them from 35 to 75 without weight and 30/30 with a 2oz snap weight at 1.9-2.0mph. 8 nice walleye were caught in that area before and during a heavy rain fall.

When the winds kicked up, we decided to make a run to the west of the Huron River, and chose the same depth to run with the Bandits. We would catch 5 more walleye with one of them being thrown back for a total of 12 walleye for their 6 hour trip.

We had a triple on at one point, but it turned out to be a triple Sheepshead bite. A couple of them were pretty darn big too!

Right now, we complain about all the bazillion little fish out there, but it won't be much longer and it's going to be awesome "catching" around here!

Well, it's going to be a nice weekend, and the plan is to head up to Canada for the next two days, as long as the wind forecast allows it. And, so far, the wind forecast is looking terrific for that adventure.

Since the Bandits are on the rods, I'll start with those, but we'll change them up to spinners if we think we need to. Crawlers always take a ride in the Ranger...just in case I need them.

I'm hoping we can get a quick 12 walleye limit, and then go fishing for some perch. I'm in the mood to go perch'n.

Be careful this Independence Day weekend...stay safe...and, good luck fishing!

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16-ben-doyle-dennis-7_1_16img_6605-jpg Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16-ben-doyle-dennis-7_1_16img_6607-jpg Fishing with Ben, Doyle, and Dennis 7/1/16-ben-doyle-dennis-7_1_16img_6609-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice fish,great job!

you gotta love those big sheep head, LOL. great size on the eyes juls.