Jets or Rednecks on my boards with harnesses? Jets or Rednecks on my boards with harnesses? Jets or Rednecks on my boards with harnesses? Jets or Rednecks on my boards with harnesses?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jets or Rednecks on my boards with harnesses?

As I switch my boards over from Bandits to harnesses, I'm wondering if I should use weights or jets? I prefer to run one thing so I can replicate the depth once I find them. Please no other options, my wife said I already spent my tackle budget this year!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd keep it simple. Go with rednecks. Dive chart available online.

Post Thanks / Like

Tru-trips are very easy to use and have a great dive chart. Most of the Charter Captians use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using big boards or inline boards, makes a difference.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

I run 2 Oz in line with 36 inch leader to the harness. So my for is for in line. And I refer to the red neck chart for depth

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for tru-tip jets, don't need to let as much line out to get to the strike zone and less chance of any tangles if the jet releases, plus when the line slacks on a jet it floats instead of sinking which I like.

Only negatives I can think of is rednecks are quite a bit cheaper then tru-tips and sometimes using the inline weights to get that gear further back away from the boat is a better bite.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran both yestereday off of big boards. One side tru trips one side 2 0z in lines. I vote for in lines unless you are going to have a bunch of lines in the water. As stated its easier to dial in depths with the tru trips, but I have a hard time telling when these small fish are on there. The in lines were much easier to tell bites and seemed to stay in clips better for me. ITs all personal choice. One other thing when bringing fish in i think i land more with the in lines, just because i can never find the sweet spot on setting the release to trip, of cousre bigger fish would help that but I am not complaining

Post Thanks / Like

Jets are a constant, repeatable diving device, not affected all that much by speed.
    Inlines, depth control is a combination of weight/lineout/speed. With your speed being a large part of depth after the amount of line out and weight used. If that makes sense.
    For me, I prefer inlines/bouncers. In larger wave conditions, the jets stay more at a constant depth where the inlines rise/fall in the water column with each surge. If done correctly, inlines/bouncers would be easier to use with a lot less line out. When running 5+ inline boards per side, less tangle chances using the inlilnes/bouncers than using jets.
    I set up my own releases for my jets years ago that are very repeatable and easy to adjust. If your interested.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, clear as mud now. Good points for both programs. I use little boards in combination with dipseys.