Kicker controls advise Kicker controls advise Kicker controls advise Kicker controls advise

Default Kicker controls advise

With all due respect for my local marina service guys, 6-7 hours and $700 to install a Mercury Quick Silver control to a pre-mounted (by me) new ProKicker? Plus all parts. $1200 est. Not one but two similar estimates.

After some good ole internet research what am I missing here? Some basic tools, hitch up the pre-wired harness, connect the two cables (the most difficult part), connect the gas (with backflow valves) and connect the battery. There has to be some trick/knowledge/tool that is worth the other $500, what is it? :-)

I am ready to be called a fool but I am feeling like I will invest the $700 into Bandits and harnesses and spend some time in the garage practicing new curse words... thoughts?

I just got a quote today for a complete kicker install, 9.9t yamaha motor, wireless control, mount, and labor for around 5800.. I think Ill work some overtime and let the pro do it, Every time there is a diy project you forgot something or a special tool, or takes way longer..ends up you could have just went to work and let them do it..
    P.S. Ill be fishing while your messing with it,
    Last edited by Prime Time 2; 06-23-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    Rick

boatt......break out another TWO thousand. new way to spell boat.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

We still haven't launched the boat this year because we're doing everything ourselves on the weekends. Let the pros do it if you can afford it. That's time we'll never get back. Just sayin.

I would take a look at YouTube got to be something on there, not everyone can dump 5 G's just like that! Most of the cost is labor, most of it is just common sense stuff . Good luck! That's allot of bandits! Maybe even a few extra poles
    Last edited by Frank; 06-24-2016 at 05:59 AM.

The way I look at it is....I don't make 100 per hour at my job and I am a skilled tool maker, so I might as well take the time off work and do the job myself, even if it takes me twice as long and I doubt that it will, I would still save money even if I did have to buy special tools. Never had a boat project I couldn't handle especially with all the available knowledge out there thru youtube and the internet. If your not real handy with tools then that might be another consideration though!!

I second airshots post!

Thanks for the replies.... I could go either way and feel right with it.... But I am going for the DIY route. Mainly because I have the main controls (exact control/motor combo) I can use as model. I will give an update after its done :-), hopefully soon!