Beautiful turned ugly - 6/21 Beautiful turned ugly - 6/21 Beautiful turned ugly - 6/21 Beautiful turned ugly - 6/21

Default Beautiful turned ugly - 6/21

Set up casting south of W Sister about 430 yesterday. Flat, calm, zero wind, clear, high pressure, looking like beautiful evening to spend on water on one of longest days of year. Marks but no bite. About 5:30 slight wind shift and ripples to west of us. Maybe wind will pick up I commented and turn the fish on. Little did I know. Soon looked over at Besse and plume was laying flat towards the east. Ripple became one foot and then 2. Perfect drift we thought. Now I know they are going to bite I said, having seen this turn fish on before. More marks and good marks but no more bites. Two foot became three foot and three foot became four foot. We toughed it out. When by 6:30, I started to see some fives, and we were only boat out, I said were packing and going. The fish never did turn on. We had one perch, one catfish, one white bass. Not even a single short Walleye. Heck of a ride in to Turtle as had to run parallel to the troughs and crests, but made it fine. Biggest I have been in my boat and biggest I want to be. Looking at turn Turnaround buoy today, it was recording 20-25 mph's about that time period! Glad I hadn't run north of W Sister which was the original plan if we didn't get anything closer.

Great report, respect that lake!

I cked iwindsurf before we headed out and it said at around 1800 15Mph+ W. We set up about halfway between turnaround and middle sister . Pulled 4 keepers and about 10 shorts on 2oz 55ft back with meat. As soon as the wind shifted to the west we headed in , for the first time iwindsurf was spot on .