Got away from the Marina at 6:00am. Good thing because the beautiful sunny day meant an early bite starting to wind down by 8:30am and finishing up for me by 10:30am.

Two patterns worked.

A mile north of Lakeside Pier in 25 to 28 feet of water, fish were concentrated in the bottom 3 feet. Plenty of 14 inch walleyes hitting on gold spinners. Some up to 14 1/2 inches now so won't be long before we have a few keepers from that class. Misc small white bass, drum and white perch mixed in. I trolled with 3 oz bottom bouncers but I believe casters could have done well too had they known about it.

Then a mile east of the Kellys Island Ferry Line in 33 to 35 feet of water fish were scattered from 22 feet down to the bottom. I trolled full size stingers with 2oz inline sinkers 70 back plus the fluorocarbon leader. Caught a fat 24 inch walleye first thing. Warm water had the fish so revved up that walleye fought like a smallmouth bass! Larger white bass mixed in out there as well.

Fun to catch fish close to home port with minimal Mayflys while the radio chatter from up near Canada was about guys swarmed with Mayflys and about the same catch as me after a 10+ mile run.

Tight lines everyone.

Capt Ken