Decent Day West Sister Decent Day West Sister Decent Day West Sister Decent Day West Sister
    Blog Entries

Default Decent Day West Sister

We headed straight for West Sister this morning with high hopes for finding some walleys. Arrived on the west side of the island and trolled North. Kinda slow at first, but as morning progressed, started to see some activity. First pass net 3 walleys. Picked up another 2 on the North side of the island. Turned around and made another pass on the West side trolling south and it just came alive. Fishing six lines and was down to only two in the water at one period trying to net and keep the deck organized. Finished the day at about 2:30 with our limit of 18 in the boat. All were 15" - 23". Not anything to brag about but is was fun. Use Crawler harnesses with every color we had. They seemed to bit anything we threw their way. 2.5 mph, 20' depth. Running boards with tad pole #2 diver weights on outside at 90' back and dipseys in the middle. It was a busy day cleaning fish. Sure missed the wind though.

don't fish the western basin anymore but when we did we always did good around west sister in june and even in july. great report on how you caught the fish. I'm sure it will help others catch them pesky critters. and you got just the right size for eating.

Blog Entries

Thanks Sherman. I owe this forum information when I have a good day since I have read this forum many times before I go out. This is a great resource for pre-planning the fishing day.

I fished in the West sister area Sat evening and Sunday morning . Caught fish on Tadpoles in the 35-60ft lead range ...And 4 oz bottom bouncers caught alot of fish , and our bigger fish. Antifreeze backed Colorado blades seemed to work well . I was N of the Island 3-4 miles