Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16 Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16 Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16 Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16

Default Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16

I met my crew at Mazurik's at 6:45, and we launched at 7am. We pointed the Ranger north, and headed to the west side of Pelee Island. After calling in our entry into Canada, we set up between a 24 and 25 foot contour line on "The Wheel", and set a course north west towards Hen Island.

After a quick tutorial on how to use the Off Shore boards, my guys were setting the Bandits back 55, 60, and 65 foot back. I started with the speed that worked for me the past few weeks, which is 1.9-2.1mph. Even though it was going to be a bluebird sky, with lots of sun, I decided to run a mix of chrome and painted baits.

To start, we used Blue/Chrome, Khaki, Taco Salad, Green Clown, Black Headed Wonder Bread, and Sucker Punch. Eventually, I replaced the Sucker Punch and Green Clown, with another Taco Salad and Huff Daddy.

By far, the hot color today was Taco Salad, at 55 back. If you don't know what color Taco Salad is, it's the chartreuse body with the blue back with a scale pattern on the blue part.

We managed to put 19 walleye in the cooler, and watched as 3 more of them came unbuttoned at the back of the boat, to live on another day. We only had two throw backs, along with 3 or 4 sheep, and two smallmouth bass, so not much "junk" to deal with.

The guys had a great time, and said, "This is by far the best charter, and fishing, we've ever had on Lake Erie, so we'll be calling you again for another trip soon." Richard said he would like to try the perch fishing sometime in August or September too, so that made me very happy. They were a lot of fun to fish with and were very laid back....definitely made it a very fun day for me too!

Tomorrow's trip is a one person trip, and we won't be headed to Canada...per his request, so we will be out east of Kelly's someplace. I just have to find some fish first.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16-fishing-richard-brian-scott-6_18_16img_6517-jpg Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16-fishing-richard-brian-scott-6_18_16img_6520-jpg Fishing with Richard, Brian, and Scott 6/18/16-fishing-richard-brian-scott-6_18_16img_6523-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Capt Juls. Thanks for another great post. Look forward to the day when we can meet in person. Still hoping to book a trip with you for me and my son. Your clients always seem extremely happy!