help!!! help!!! help!!! help!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default help!!!

Me, my son and father are planning on making an 11 hr trip to Marblehead this week and want to make the best of it. Can anyone tell me what is working best for the walleye? Trolling, drifting or are you using downriggers? It has been 25 yrs since I have been up there and want to give my son the best experience I can. Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

No need for downriggers anymore. The newer equipment and baits get deep enough for the western basin by themselves. If you want to catch alot of fish I would troll pulling meat behind harnesses. The only problem with that is you are going to be sorting alot of fish. There is a huge class of fish right now that are around 14 inches. I feel like pulling the bigger crank baits eliminates the sorting a little bit.I was up last weekend and pulled bandit lures and deep husky jerks. I felt like we did pretty well, we got 24 on the first day and 15 on the second day, but we quit a little earlier on the second day before the evening bite picked back up. Harness speeds btwn 1.5 and 2 crank speeds btwn 2 and 2.5 maybe. The charters are fishing alot out around west sister. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. We will try it out and see what happens.