6/12 turned out nice 6/12 turned out nice 6/12 turned out nice 6/12 turned out nice

Default 6/12 turned out nice

Found a nice school of fish 2 3/4 miles north of cedar point, all by myself, not a boat to be seen for miles ,got my limit,did alot of sorting, trip z 30's 85 back and 40's 70 back, about the same as true trip 55 back, big stingers 3 1/2" 2.8 - 3.1 ,sog with 2.8 being the best. Didn't start till 11 am. Thought it was going to blow ,just couldn't leave this great fishery without giving it one more shot, I hope there's a place like this upstairs,that's where I can be found when it's my time. I would like to thank everyone for their posts, sharing your knowledge,trolled nw towards Kelly's, but the return troll back towards cedar point picked up more, just kept working the same line, the fish actually moved west about a mile an toward shore during the day
    Last edited by Frank; 06-11-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Must be a time warp thing, it's only 11:15 now on 6/12 !!!

Sorry 11th if you. Look I posted real late last night today,

I know, just bustin your chops, good job on the fish. Sometimes being alone has its rewards. Always is a good pod of roamers in front of CP, just gotta put the time in and find em. I think they like that current flow out there. Good job, Mike

Just got lucky! Lookin for the fish, that where just se of Kelly's 2 day's before, they moved east, there is like a eddy pushing back above the river or west, picked up 1/2hour toward shore .

This time of year I often find happiness to be found somewhere between the SE corner of Kellys and the Marblehead lighthouse, heading east, as the fish start to school to the central basin, so I'm not surprised. If I feel like making the run from East Harbor, I usually find decent sized fish from Huron and Vermillion anywhere from near shore to 10 miles out on through July... and then they're gone. Not totally by any means, just it's that I find perch fishing to be more worthwhile after that point in terms of putting meat in the cooler.

I'll be heading out that way this weekend myself. Got sick of the throwbacks out west, going to try east, starting in the KI area and going from there.