Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16 Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16 Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16 Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16

Default Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16

I didn't have to pick my crew up this morning...they were staying right down the street from Mazurik's, at "Little Ted's Cottages". So, I stopped in to grab a breakfast sandwich "to go" from Big Bopper's, before heading to the ramp.

Today, I would be fishing with Mike Appell, his friend Brent, and Brent's son, Ben.

I pulled in the lot at 5:05am, and was stunned when they pulled in at 5:10am. I had told them 5:30, so you can imagine my surprise to have someone show up...not only on time...but, very early, in fact. I thought to myself, "This is going to be a good day".

We launched and headed out. The sun was just lighting the morning sky with different shades of red, but hadn't broke the horizon yet. We ran out to the area west of Gull Island Shoal, where I gave them a quick lesson on running Off Shore inline boards. They had never used them before, but wanted to learn.

As they quickly learned how to set lines, I looked up to see the fireball peaking over the horizon, and grabbed my camera to capture the morning in all it's glory. You see, I'm never up late enough to see a sunset, so I appreciate the sunrises when I can see them.

Anyway, our program was the same as yesterday's. We ran the root beer colored spinners with the #5 gold blades again. 1oz anywhere from 21-41 back at 1.1-1.2mph.

We had 8 fish by 8:30. Then, the fishing slowed down, and we only had two more by 9:30. More boats were showing up by then, but it still wasn't too crowded yet. We caught catfish, sheepshead, white perch, and a yellow perch too. The cats took a ride, since they were willing to clean them and eat them too. That 9 inch perch that hit a 4oz bottom bouncer went for a ride too. lol

After making one last pass on that spot, I asked them "Do you want to try another spot I had in mind? It could be hit or miss...I don't know...but, I would like to try it" Mike replied, "Well, it's getting to be hit or miss here too, so it's up to you, you're the Captain". I took that as a "Yes", so after picking up lines, and moving stuff back around in the boat to secure it, we moved Northwest.

We headed up to the north side of North Bass and set lines starting at the Green Can on the Northeast corner. The Helix showed good marks in 28-30 foot of water, so we zigged and zagged between the two depths. We caught 2 more keepers up there to make it a total of 12 keepers today. The largest was 27 1/2 inches.

The crew did a great job, and hardly had any tangles, which was very...very good!

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled for better conditions, and for later in the summer. His wife would like to do some perch'n, which is always welcomed by me, because I LOVE Perch fishing! Woot! Woot!

So, I have tomorrow off. Sunday's wind forecast of 15-20 out of the north needs to change, or that will be rescheduled too. I'll be texting him a "go" or "no go" Sunday morning, since they only live an hour away.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16-mike-brent-ben-6_10_16img_6453-jpg Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16-mike-brent-ben-6_10_16img_6456-jpg Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16-mike-brent-ben-6_10_16img_6458-jpg Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16-mike-brent-ben-6_10_16img_6447-jpg Fishing with Mike, Brent, and Ben 6/10/16-mike-brent-ben-6_10_16img_6448-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-10-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice job! Only one keeper for me just south and a tad east of east of the ferry, bandit 2.6 , 60 back green clown, 26"s

Reading your posts is always a joy. Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a good one Capt. Juls!!

Great post as always, looks like it was a fun day on the water

I wish i could get my Offshore boards to run that nice in the water, im new to inlines, and cant ever seem to get em to run right. never seem to run out to the side of the boat very well, always seem to angle diagonally off back corners or when they do go out to the sides they run very nose high and still cant read them very well