Auto pilot Auto pilot Auto pilot Auto pilot

Thread: Auto pilot

Default Auto pilot

Who has an auto pilot on there stern drive boat and what set up do you guys run ? I'm thinking of putting auto pilot on my 25' sport craft what are my best options I currently have cable steering with power steering assist and there's an old Raytheon sport pilot + on it that I can not to get to work right / does anyone have opinions on my best route to go is ?

lineman I was told that you need hydraulic steering. I need to replace my cetrek auto pilot it will turn on and halfway work but i need to get another one it won't stay on

Quote Originally Posted by trollingfool View Post
    lineman I was told that you need hydraulic steering. I need to replace my cetrek auto pilot it will turn on and halfway work but i need to get another one it won't stay on
    I have been told the same thing by a marina but have Hurd from guys with boats that says that's not true so I was just seeing if anyone else out there had any opinions on this I know there's guys out there that has auto pilots on there I/o's

I had a sport pilot on my Thompson and was having issues with it last year. So I did some research went with a Simrad octopus, I also had to put a new steering cable on it to match up with the Simrad unit. Works great and so far I'm very happy with it. Also of not was cheaper than most of the other options I was looking at.

Try looking at the Octopus drives they have an S drive or the R drive. Also Lowrance is selling an autopilot with what looks like an Octopus S drive included. http://octopusdrives.com/

We're installing an Octopus S Drive right now on our boat with a Simrad AP24 and NSS9. The steering is easy enough to install, just need to pull the old cable out and measure before you buy a new one to make sure you get the correct size. Simrad sells an autopilot kit that integrates with that Octopus drive and doesn't need anything extra to work.