Sandusky Bay Channel Cats Sandusky Bay Channel Cats Sandusky Bay Channel Cats Sandusky Bay Channel Cats

Default Sandusky Bay Channel Cats

I know this is a bit off topic for a walleye forum, but figured I'd post it for anyone interested.
    Saturday 6-4. Put in at Bay Harbor Marina ($5 ramp fee) and headed to the very western edge of Sandusky Bay along the rock wall. Had the first rod in the water at about 10:00. It was probably 11:30 or 12:00 before my fishing partner and I were able to get all 4 rods in the water. I didn't count my catch, but my partner had 87 in the boat by the time the weather started to turn on us and we headed back to the marina. We fished mainly along the rock wall on the western edge of Sandusky Bay in 4.6 feet of water (North or South of the entrance to Muddy Creek Bay were both great). Shrimp, nightcrawlers, and catfish bait balls fished about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep all seemed to work equally well for us. Fish probably averaged about 5 pounds, but we did get a few fish Ohio size fish into the boat.

Thanks for the report! I'm looking forward to getting out for some channel cats this summer.