Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4 Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4 Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4 Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4

Default Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4

First time poster, long time reader here. Had amazing marks just 1/4 mile into south passage heading out of east harbor, picked up 12 keepers but must have caught 60 throwbacks with 20 of them being just under at 14 inches. 19-25 fow pulling Michigan Stinger Scorpions behind TripZ 40s, 50 back at 2.8-3.0 Monkeypuke, Jaegerbomb and antifreeze green all pulled fish. Very fun day with constant action in waters far away from the pack of wolves we were stuck in on memorial day weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images Saturday trolling out of East harbor 6/4-13329508_10154372886336549_8544024909233102857_o-jpg 

Very nice fish! Wind permitting i will be heading that way tomorrow, thanks for posting

I too am out of East Harbor. I often have luck either right off the beach toward dusk (even in hot weather, go figure) or in the south passage between Kellys and Marblhead peninsula. Seems to be an area that is most productive with either a south or west wind. For me anyhow. Won't say I ALWAYS have luck there, but it's certainly always a spot I slow down and run the fish finder.

Only downside of the area is you get a lot of medium to small size perch, white perch, gobies, etc., as well as the usual sheephead.

Quote Originally Posted by jonk View Post
    I too am out of East Harbor. I often have luck either right off the beach toward dusk (even in hot weather, go figure) or in the south passage between Kellys and Marblhead peninsula. Seems to be an area that is most productive with either a south or west wind. For me anyhow. Won't say I ALWAYS have luck there, but it's certainly always a spot I slow down and run the fish finder.

Only downside of the area is you get a lot of medium to small size perch, white perch, gobies, etc., as well as the usual sheephead.

We caught some junk but it wasn't to bad, the massive prehistoric barnyard animals are always heart breakers when they come spinning in.