Revisiting old presentation Revisiting old presentation Revisiting old presentation Revisiting old presentation

Smile Revisiting old presentation

I don't fish on holiday weekends (I don't like crowds and the inherent friction) but that doesn't stop me from trying to help my fellow fishermen put more fish in the freezer. The last two trips have been extremely successful and much fun by going back to a basic approach I've used for years. I'm running flat lines (12 lb Trilene XT) on light spinning tackle about 80'- 100' back pulling the deep diving Bandits with unbelievable success. No boards, no snap-ons, no Dipseys, Jet Divers or TruTrips. It doesn't get much easier than that. Don't knock it till you try it. I spent half of my morning cleaning fish for myself and my friends.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    I don't fish on holiday weekends (I don't like crowds and the inherent friction) but that doesn't stop me from trying to help my fellow fishermen put more fish in the freezer. The last two trips have been extremely successful and much fun by going back to a basic approach I've used for years. I'm running flat lines (12 lb Trilene XT) on light spinning tackle about 80'- 100' back pulling the deep diving Bandits with unbelievable success. No boards, no snap-ons, no Dipseys, Jet Divers or TruTrips. It doesn't get much easier than that. Don't knock it till you try it. I spent half of my morning cleaning fish for myself and my friends.
    Thanks for the common sense thinking and doing advice. It is surely needed for those of us who like to keep it simple and fun.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Question Dr., could you say where you were? Also I'm curious as to how many lines you had longlining out the back, maybe two and two on the sides? When I longlining back in early 80's I drove and held one rod out to the side of the16' boat and catch them that way, sore arm. I was way tougher then.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

We started 1/4 mile NW of Catawba point, near the Green Buoy, and trolled NE with the SW wind aiming at Perry's Monument going 1.7.- 1.8 mph. With 2 of us on board, I ran a Church Walleye board off each side with Bandits back 65' to 90' and 2 flat lines off the back. The flat lines caught most of the fish, many being 12 to 14 inch juveniles. Color didn't matter. The spinning outfits are 7 foot graphite Shakespeare rods and Shiamono 2000 Sidestab reels with 12# Trilene XT mono.

Sounds l the bite is picking up! Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Question Dr., could you say where you were? Also I'm curious as to how many lines you had longlining out the back, maybe two and two on the sides? When I longlining back in early 80's I drove and held one rod out to the side of the16' boat and catch them that way, sore arm. I was way tougher then.
    I'm sorry, I thought you said "No boards, no snaps etc" My bad.

Opps wrong quote.

I do run Walleye boards along with the flat lines when I am not alone. The flatlines still produce more fish. My favorite Bandit is the Chartreuse/ Pearl that I paint black zebra stripes on the side with magic marker. Walleye love them. I'll see you all tomorrow on Ch.79