Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!) Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!) Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!) Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!)

Met my crew, Karl and Anthony, at Hi Way Bait, since they were staying at the Penninsula Motel right next to it. We hit Big Bopper's for breakfast, and hit Mazurik's launch by 9am. We did a little later start due to the wind forecast this morning.

Let me just start off with saying, "It was a tough day for us today...ugh! But, we had a lot of fun!"

It started out very well....had two nice walleye in the first pass, by Scott Point Shoal. Then, the wind kicked up and we were in 2-5's....mostly washing machine 3-4's, so we moved up to the protected west side of Middle Bass, when we had to make a decision as to whether to move back up to make another pass, or get into the ferry lanes and dodge a couple drifters on the line I was on.
    So, we decided to move to another area., and found it loaded with fish, but very dirty. I'm quite surprised we didn't snag one...that's how many were on the screen! We didn't catch any fish there.

Then, we moved over between North Bass and Sugar Island, and found more marks showing up on the Helix. The water clarity was a little better too. At least I could see the cavitation plate on the G2 this time. We made one pass there, and didn't pull any fish, so we made another move.

This time, we moved to the east side of the islands, by Lucy's Point....made a southward bound pass...picked up one nice walleye there, and then noticed the time....we were running out of it. So, we moved back down towards Scott Point Shoal, and found good marks again. We made a pass for our last 1/2 hour, and didn't catch anymore.

So, we ended with only those three fish.

Bandits 65 and 75 caught the fish today. But, I'll have both cranks and crawlers in the boat tomorrow, and I'll let the fish tell me what they want.

Tomorrow, should be more productive with the winds laying down. I'll be picking my crew up on South Bass Island around 6:15am...bright and early, and starting with 6 hours. They may go longer, but thats up to them. So......

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!)-karl-scherer-anthony-5_18_16img_6206-jpg Fishing with Karl and Anthony 5/18/16 (Wish I had a better report!)-karl-scherer-anthony-5_18_16img_6208-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Juls! Wish you had a better report and better luck, but I always appreciate those who post whether it is good or bad. Spent the day thinking I should be up there but trying to get the 15 flats of flowers staring at me into the still too wet ground. (This weather has screwed more than fishing up). With yours and also my buddies not good report, I feel like I didn't miss a lot. Won't feel bad having to stay home tomorrow to do same and also get a root canal (ugh!). One of these days it is going to get better we hope. No mushrooms, too wet to plant garden, a month of NE Winds...ole Mother Nature has screwed us out of another spring!