Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tru trips 40

Default Tru trips 40

I just got a couple of these an, it has three holes on the bottom. I'm assuming the hole nearest the front is the steepest dive that matches the chart, but they come with the snap in the middle. There's nothing on the package that explains the holes.I guess there suppose to be self explanatory,but not for me any help! Thanks!

Most every one I know, runs them in the middle. I have heard that it does not change the depth (less then 1ft) if you put them in the other holes. What i have found is, it will cause the jets to either come to the surface or stay deeper in the water after they are tripped and your reeling them in, depending one what hole your in. I played with this a few years back and ended up leaving them in the middle hole.

Thank You very much! Spoonfeeder. The middle it is.

OK guys, this might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway because I'm new around here. I've seen a lot of talk about the TT's on this board but don't own them and have never fished with them. How do you use them? Are they basically like a Dipsy Diver, but with a different shape? Or are they something completely different? Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1969 View Post
    OK guys, this might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway because I'm new around here. I've seen a lot of talk about the TT's on this board but don't own them and have never fished with them. How do you use them? Are they basically like a Dipsy Diver, but with a different shape? Or are they something completely different? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Not a stupid question. Tru Trips are jet divers with a tripping mechanism that trips when a fish hits. The tripping mechanism is the exact same thing as you'd find on a Dipsey.

Here's a link to their site. I have no interest in the company and am providing this link strictly as a reference.

http://bigfishtuff.com/index.php?rou...tegory&path=20

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    Not a stupid question. Tru Trips are jet divers with a tripping mechanism that trips when a fish hits. The tripping mechanism is the exact same thing as you'd find on a Dipsey.

Here's a link to their site. I have no interest in the company and am providing this link strictly as a reference.

http://bigfishtuff.com/index.php?rou...tegory&path=20
    Cool. Thank you very much for the response. I may pick up a couple and give them a try.

Cool. Thank you very much for the response. I may pick up a couple and give them a try.
    They are sold by most of the local stores around Port Clinton, btw, just not everywhere. I got mine from Hi-Wayand I think Dreamcatcher/The Bait Barn had them, but I can't confirm that. I don't think I've seen them at Happy Hooker, but I haven't looked there either. Wal Mart in PC did not have them as recently as 3 weeks ago, so don't bother looking there.

TT divers are non directional and fish straight back from their point of entry into the water, so if you need to spread them out you will need either the small boards or big boards to do that part for you. You may want to consider the TT 30 diver as they will work better with the Off Shore Boards. The dive curve on the package is relatively accurate so you would be good to go using that for depth reference.

The tripping mechanism is very sensitive and requires much less tension than one would necessarily think. You will need a #1 Phillips screw driver to make the adjustment. It just tightens the screw down and pinches the trip wire. Set it so very little effort is needed to trip it then loosen it a bit more, use just enough tension so you will no get false releases but will release with just about any added wt on the lure. It is a short learning curve so don't get discouraged.

Fishermens Wharf in Port Clinton should have them as well as Rickards, Magee East most likely has them also. Color at least on the Western Basin with its dirtier water does not seem to be a issue. I run and catch fish with all of the available colors. I like the red and purple only because they are to me pleasant to look at.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-19-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Hoytman and Wakina - Thanks a lot of the added info. I'm docked at West Harbor Marina and I usually go to Hi-Way, so I will check there. And I have the Off Shore boards, so I think I'll look for the 30's as suggested by Wakina.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I hope to get to the point when I can start answering some questions rather than asking.

I bought the TT40's last year and run Off Shores. Like Wakina said the 40's pull hard but I'm slowly learning to read them. A lot of the talk here and on the radio references distances using the 40's so if you go with the 30's make sure you have a chart for the 40's so you can convert.