Not in the Mood! Not in the Mood! Not in the Mood! Not in the Mood!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not in the Mood!

Based on the lack of posts, I assume everyone was as frustrated as I was today.

First day of fishing this year after waiting for 4 days of blow. The lake looked better than thought it would. We went to the "South Passage" "Scott Point Shoal Green Can". Great spot last year and east of there. 30 boats or so for a Tuesday, made me stop despite the lack of marks. Caught 2 eaters on bottom bouncers drifting north of the shoal on the first two passes. Very few marks and very few nets moving on other boats.

We finally moved up to Starve Island Reef. Small patch of good marks, no bites.

Headed north looking for fish. Slowed and turned on the fish finder as we approached a sport craft probably perch or bass fishing due east of the monument. Lots of marks in 33 feet of water. The wind had quit by then. We dropped the big boards in and began pulling two spoons and two harnesses as there was only two of us. Changed depths, spoons, speeds, etc. many times and only caught one short while maintaining very good marks near the bottom and suspended.

Anyone else catch "A" fish? Where?

Back out tomorrow afternoon after the Nor Easter dies down.

Post Thanks / Like

We had 5 on the boat fishing that same area yesterday, so we could try a variety of things, we got just 1 on a dipsey with meat and 2 on a harness of little board. 7 fish caught on bandits 70 back. Not great day, but steady throughout. Hardest part was dodging all the Boats following Pooh Bear.