5-11 thru 5-14 trip 5-11 thru 5-14 trip 5-11 thru 5-14 trip 5-11 thru 5-14 trip
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5-11 thru 5-14 trip

We (3 fisherman) arrived Wednesday afternoon and were on the water by 4, we fished Cone and managed 12 nice walleye on Bandits/Husky Jerks DH12 at 30,40,60 back, mostly
    dark colors.

Thursday was a nice day, but only caught 2 and lost 2 at the boat same program.

Friday clear day with bright sunny day, west winds strong but manageable 3’ swells, we limited out by 1:30 on Bandits/Husky Jerks DH12 mostly all clear colors 30,40,60 back ¼ mile north of K can.

Looked at the weather forecast for Saturday, didn’t look good so we packed the boat up in case we couldn’t get out, sure enough 25-40mph NW went to the lake and saw 2 Charters boats out there.
    I just heard there was a boat in trouble that day, but no other info anyone else know?

Good luck all and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Boonie. We'll be over there by Friday this week and your information will come in handy as a starting point. When you say dark colors, do you mean purple, green, black? I hope the weather moderates some.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Boonie for the report. A day in and a day out seems to be the same for sure catch one day and spanked the next.
    Where did ya start from? Hoping to get going next week from TC and my new Bandits can catch for sure. It looks like you
    have a few questions to answer.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Bordy
    Gold sides with black back worked really well along with IB Frozen.
    Keep the outside lines high in the water column like 7' deep.
    Clear days, clown, pink and clear huskys worked well.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I want to warn fishermen, we were flushing the live wells Friday night late 9ish really dark and had the boat on the trailer with 1/2 the cover on and backed into the ramp. I heard game warden! He was checking live wells and license. I know most are honest, but if your tempted to break the law you will prolly be caught. Play by the rules and adhere to the limits please.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing! Looking to go out of TC this Thursday and maybe into the weekend depending on the winds. Your information will surely give me a starting point. Any reports of bottom bouncer success in that general area?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Where is K can located? Im aware of A-G but never seen K on my chart

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty straight out from the tower at maybe 1.5miles, marked K 14'
    Last edited by boonie; 05-18-2016 at 12:03 PM.