Weighting Big Boards Weighting Big Boards Weighting Big Boards Weighting Big Boards

Default Weighting Big Boards

I wasn't sure if I should post this equipment question here or in the general discussion forum. So I did both....
    I have some big boards I made a few seasons ago. They are the triple board type. I've been happy with them, but after this weekend I think I need to weigh them down to get more pull from them. Anyone have any advice on what to use to weigh them down? I want to evenly distribute the weight across the three boards. How much weight do think is needed in total pounds? I would love to expirement with multiple weights but can't spend a fortune on weights trying to dial them in. Thanks for any advice.

I found the strap decoy weights at Prairie Wings to be the perfect solution for me. They come in 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 oz. About 1/4'' thick x 4 to 8 inches long. Easy to drill holes, countersink, and attach with brass wood screws.
    Makes a very neat job and allows for perfect weight placements.

I was going to recommend going to lowes and getting a strip of metal and attaching to the bottom of your boards. but I think rubycat 16 has a much better idea. I would start by placing the short weights to the middle of the board then add weight as needed to fine tune your boards.

Thanks, great idea!

I use one pound lead ingots on each corner to keep the board in the water in big waves. I pay $3 for them if anybody would like them.