Pictures of different worm harnesses Pictures of different worm harnesses Pictures of different worm harnesses Pictures of different worm harnesses
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pictures of different worm harnesses

Looking for pictures of different worm harnesses and what each is used for.

Can someone direct me to an older thread maybe with pictures? I have some lindy harnesses.

The options on building your own are endless. You did not ask for any specific type/style. But you can start here. Most are built for what the person prefers to do, pull slow, pull fast, use leaders with homebuilt short harnesses, casting harnesses.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=craw...HTcDDVoQsAQIQQ
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I make mine short on hard wire and use a regular leader of about 60 inches. Here are some pictures most without the snell and 1 with it attached. I use the stirrup clevis but if you are tying on mono or fluor the best to use the folded clevis or a plastic clevis. The stirrup clevis wears the line rather fast and creates a weak spot in your harness. I use this harness style no matter which blade & bead combination that I use. They are easy to store and easy to change from one harness to another or even to a spoon if that pleases you, just unsnap from the leader and snap another in its place. No long leaders to wrap up on pool noodles or other storage devises and best of all no exposed hooks.

Pictures of different worm harnesses-worm-harness-jpg.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-13-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Wakina,
    Do you know of a bait shop that would carry harnesses similar to these? Same style blade? I would love to get some in purple or purple/gold.

I think the vast majority are either home made or come from custom shops. You might contact DJ custom lures or maybe David at DreamCatcher baits for special painting, or you can home grow your own. I make all my own and the blades are getting harder and harder to find painted in patterns that I like. Here are a few web sites that have hatchet(Doc Shelton) blades, mine are made with the size 6 blade. You can make them with the coated stranded wire also and they are more durable than mono or fluro line instead of the hard wire. I can change the hooks out on the water, so making the snell independent to the blade bead assembly makes them more durable/longer lasting. The shorter the blade bead assembly is the longer they last since they do not kink as easy. I get most of mine from Janns netcraft but they have quit handling the Jr Streak and Tommy Harris blades. The Pro Eye blades are nice but not as durable.

http://backwatercustomtackle.com/pages/blades.html
    http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/proeye-...es/310478.aspx
    http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/h...-blades-1.html
    http://www.rippn-lips.com/Walleye_Wa..._6_p/wwh-6.htm
    http://www.rippn-lips.com/Rippn_Lips...des_p/hhb6.htm
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

I thought maybe some of you might be interested in the following material. The Hatchet blade falls at the same spot on the chart as the Tomahawk blade. I have never had a problem with the Hatchet Blades at speeds up to 2.2 SOG. On the hard wire they do not twist the leader like the would if the harness was 60" long and actually made on the leader and all one pc.

http://www.lineonfishing.com/index.p...50-blade-types
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Thank you. I will try Dream catchers next weekend. Sounds like building my own will be my entertainment next winter.

I make mine exactly like Wakina does. Only takes about 5 or 10 min. per rig. You can get all the stuff you need, as well as some good advice, from Janns Netcraft. They sell the wire, wire benders, beads, clevises, hooks, you name it. I don't know how far you are from their store, but it might be worth your while to pay them a visit. If you go the wire route, they sell pre-cut wire sections with an eye already twisted in one end, saves time. If you buy the wire former/twister it comes with easy to follow directions on how to make, not only harnesses, but perch rigs, spreaders, and the like.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation, feduciary or otherwise, with Janns Netcraft

HYPO

Thanks for the replies.
    Sorry jack as i was not specific. I honestly wasnt even sure how to ask the question correctly so people would understand what i wanted. I will check out the link later when the kids are asleep.

Wakina, those look great! I most likely will mimic your style if i ever make my own.

I'm sure the link jack posted covers all my questions but just in case it doesnt....
    Short leaders for casting? Long leaders for trolling? How long would you recommend for each type of fishing? Drifting, casting, trolling etc. And when you say 60" leader, you are tying your harness to 60" of "something" and the rod end is attached to another swivel?

Cant use pool noodles as they are all currently in the bottom of my boat to replace the waterlogged foam. Little boat (16 ft bass boat) getting some much needed TLC