This Weekend - 5/13-5/15 This Weekend - 5/13-5/15 This Weekend - 5/13-5/15 This Weekend - 5/13-5/15

Default This Weekend - 5/13-5/15

Coming into town for our annual Spring trip. Anyone have any tips on where the fish might be? The past 10 days it seems like the Niagara Reef area moving east (Green, Rattlesnake, Middle Bass) had been producing some fish and I'm starting to see some pop up around Starve. Just looking for a starting point, we're launching out of Mazuriks. Not sure what the weather has done to scatter the fish this week. Thanks everyone. I'll post our results each night when we get back to the launch.

The biggest thing is going to be combating the high north winds this weekend. If you can get out I had good success pulling worms north of Scott's point. You can tuck under south bass to escape the north wind
    Justin Pickett
    F/V Motor Mouth
    Parker 2320 SL
    Foxhaven Marina

2-4's on Saturday. Scott Point would be a good option. If you try there consider launching from the public ramp in West Harbor (near Marine Max). Scott point is about a half mile straight out of the West Harbor entrance. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. We're staying at Little Ted's Cottages and will have the boat tied up in their marina. We might venture out tomorrow since the weather will be decent. We'll stay closer to Scott's/Starve/South Bass on Saturday and try to find some calmer water. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll be there on the area tomorrow as well. I'll post what I find out...

Motown see my post Scott Point Schoal. Good luck

Thanks Panfisher, I'll check it out.

Rough water this morning with wind and waves. We managed to boat 6. We started just north of Scott with the other pack of boats. We got tired of dodging boats in the waves so headed north of the pack. We worked Starve and a NE/SW troll between Starve and Kelly's. Trolled crawlers, spoons, and DHJ12's. Our best was trolling into the waves at 1.5-1.8. Everything got hits but green hatchet blade, pink hatchet blade, green spoon, and perch DHJ12 saw all the action. Reef runners and Bandits didn't work for us today. All baits were run in the 15-22ft range over water that ranged from 25-35 feet. Good luck out there. Weather looks a little rough for the balance of the weekend.

Rough morning starting out...was surprise by the waves when we got to Scott's Point Shoal. Fighting the waves and boat traffic managed 5 nice fish. First fish and biggest was 29"...chartreuse black stripe bandit 65 back was the best. Mid-day the lake laid down and soon did the bite. Saturday looks to be a blow day...waiting to see how Sunday turns out.