B can and east B can and east B can and east B can and east

Thread: B can and east

Blog Entries

Default B can and east

5-8-16 Set rods at 7am in 30 FOW at B can. Waves big 2's. Trolled east. DDHJ12 at 60 -80 back. 1.7 to 2.0 speed. Had to troll the trough to avoid surge and stall. Firetiger and chartruse with red head best colors. Caught five 24-27" and one at 18". Could have quit at 10am. Only caught white bass after 10am. Took husky jerk off one rod and put jet diver 30 and Michigan stinger at 48 back and caught white bass only. Question I have is what is the saying if you are catching white bass and not walleye? Am I fishing to deep, not deep enough or is speed wrong? OR is all that a wives tail? Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by toms1arrow View Post
    5-8-16 Set rods at 7am in 30 FOW at B can. Waves big 2's. Trolled east. DDHJ12 at 60 -80 back. 1.7 to 2.0 speed. Had to troll the trough to avoid surge and stall. Firetiger and chartruse with red head best colors. Caught five 24-27" and one at 18". Could have quit at 10am. Only caught white bass after 10am. Took husky jerk off one rod and put jet diver 30 and Michigan stinger at 48 back and caught white bass only. Question I have is what is the saying if you are catching white bass and not walleye? Am I fishing to deep, not deep enough or is speed wrong? OR is all that a wives tail? Good luck to all.
    How deep do you think you were fishing? It was a deeper bite this last weekend. Your TT30 would be roughly 16 ft deep with 48 ft of line out. Speed seems close to what is needed.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    How deep do you think you were fishing? It was a deeper bite this last weekend. Your TT30 would be roughly 16 ft deep with 48 ft of line out. Speed seems close to what is needed.
    Wakina, yes 16ft I think is what the depth chart on the pkg says. I was marking deep fish but thought the mid range fish were the more active biters so I targeted them. (Don't know if that is always the case ?) Not sure of depth of DDHJ12 at 80 back but it always seems to catch fish and I adjust lead length from there. Other posts say fish shut down early and that has been my experience last two trips. It is 2 hours to the launch for me so leaving house at 4 am stinks. Wondering when spoon bite should be better than husky jerks. I need to get a radio so I can hear the help given by everyone here, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt my catch rate. Mostly launch out of fenwicks. 20 ft lund.

Wakina, yes 16ft I think is what the depth chart on the pkg says. I was marking deep fish but thought the mid range fish were the more active biters so I targeted them. (Don't know if that is always the case ?) Not sure of depth of DDHJ12 at 80 back but it always seems to catch fish and I adjust lead length from there. Other posts say fish shut down early and that has been my experience last two trips. It is 2 hours to the launch for me so leaving house at 4 am stinks. Wondering when spoon bite should be better than husky jerks. I need to get a radio so I can hear the help given by everyone here, I'm sure that wouldn't hurt my catch rate. Mostly launch out of fenwicks. 20 ft lund.
    Not sure about that radio! It was very quiet on Sunday on 79, I would try some harnesses! How many people do you have fishing with you? Let me know.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Blog Entries

Wakina, I try to have 2 people and myself when trolling. driver ,net man, and someone to catch the fish. I'm off work on Wednesday's so I might only get one guy and myself. I try to not come and fish in over 2 footers due to surge and stall. Oh how I hate those dirty crawlers. LOL. I have some harness's but not up on the latest and greatest that I see here on the forum. I seem to catch lots of junk and one little tug without you seeing it can mean dragging harness that will not catch fish. I'm more of a Michigan stinger fan. I have reading my yellow birds down pretty good. Normally any piece of grass or debris I can tell. Might try sw or w of big sister next time down with stingers.

Wakina, I try to have 2 people and myself when trolling. driver ,net man, and someone to catch the fish. I'm off work on Wednesday's so I might only get one guy and myself. I try to not come and fish in over 2 footers due to surge and stall. Oh how I hate those dirty crawlers. LOL. I have some harness's but not up on the latest and greatest that I see here on the forum. I seem to catch lots of junk and one little tug without you seeing it can mean dragging harness that will not catch fish. I'm more of a Michigan stinger fan. I have reading my yellow birds down pretty good. Normally any piece of grass or debris I can tell. Might try sw or w of big sister next time down with stingers.
    If you cannot get them going when targeting those higher fish then here is what I do.

Example: Targeting fish at 15 ft. with 3 fishing and total of 6 lines, set lines on one side at 10 ft depth intervals, 10, 20 and 30 then on the other side 15, 25 and again 30 or You can drop the 2nd 30 ft line and run another in the 10 to 15 ft depth range. Then duplicate the ones that get bit. The 10 an 15 ft lines target the higher fish and the 20 an 25 ft line the intermediate fish and of course the 30 ft lines the deep fish. Run the deeper line closest to the boat and the intermediate lines in the middle and the high lines on the outside.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice. appreciate all the help I can get. Good luck.