Help with running big boards Help with running big boards Help with running big boards Help with running big boards

Default Help with running big boards

Tried running my Amish outfitter planer boards a couple times this year and I always seem to have one lagging almost directly behind the boat. I realize this is probably due to the current and direction of my troll, but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I also thought maybe these boards might not pull well at slower speeds were running now? The planer reel is mounted on top of my t-top so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks in advance, Rob.

Hello, yes I have had a board lag, I built my own though, i was getting ticked off at my one board, but once I switched direction the other board did the same thing, just current,wind ,speed. I just weighted mine more, on the advice of some very knowledgeable people on this site. I'm sure some of them have thousands of miles trolling big board's. I did hear the type of boards that you have,are very light weight an like to skip .that was the problem i was having. I added 2lbs of weight to each board evenly.haven't had a chance to drag them yet but they should ride deeper,pull harded, less hop,less surging. Hope this helps a little.

Would love to talk about big board's with you. I am sure I can be a benefit to you. 614.327.7144. Jim

Thanks for the reply Frank, I might have to look into adding some weight to my boards. And Jim, I'll have to give you a call this afternoon when I get off of work, thanks again.

Your Welcome! Hope you get board's lined out .