Sunday 05/08/16 Report Sunday 05/08/16 Report Sunday 05/08/16 Report Sunday 05/08/16 Report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sunday 05/08/16 Report

Started out trolling Bandits, I trolled them high, trolled them low and just about every other depth and speed in between. Not one single pull back after 3 hrs. Water temps were 55.3 at Niagara and marks were very good to the ESE of the Reef. Decided to try my old standby and dirty the boat, put on a harness and sent it out 65 back with a TT40 to replace one of my Bandit rods. Got it set and fishing and decided to change the other rod also. Brought the other Bandit rod in and put it in the storage holder on the Radar Arch I turned around to put the second worm harness out. Looked at the other rod with worm harness and it was doubled over and the board was nowhere in sight.

Turned out to be an eye about 29"s, I ended the day with 5 eyes with the other 4 in the 24" class. Speeds were 1.5 to 1.8 SOG and Gold with brown hatchet blade took 3 of the 5 with Pretty Panties taking the other 2. That was the good part of the day.

The bad part was that while netting the first and biggest eye my phone went to the bottom of the lake after falling out of my shirt pocket. I knew better than carry my phone in my pocket while fishing but did it anyhow(Brain Fart)! The next thing was my remote throttle control for my kicker quit working. Hoping it is just a servo and not the controller itself. Well that's it, my first trip of the season.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Glad ya made it on the water and a good report also. Kathy Mae is still having her bottom reconditioned and the attending surgeon thinks it will be 2 more weeks... the pucker factor is tightening more than my wallet for sure, at his speed she may be in by time for
    perchin'.

Gene

thanks for the report wKina,is Bandit come over?it might be time to change tactics

Dang, sorry to hear about your phone. Things like that can ruin a trip. Glad you were able to switch gears and put some fish in the boat. I wish I'd have tried some harnesses when the wife and I were up Saturday for a quick trip. We only caught 4 in 6 hours on bandits. I can't wait until the spoon bite takes off. So much easier and way cleaner!

Glad you finally got out Derald! And glad you got some fish. Hope the trolling motor isn't a big deal. From the looks of the weather you won't miss anything for the next few days! Since I don't own a tackle store full of cranks, also glad to hear some reports that they are nibblin on the meat!

Steve, I can still use the throttle control on the tiller. The remote controller is an after market add on that uses a 4 or 5 dollar servo that works the throttle linkage, a rather simple thing but to fix it I would have to pull the boat and take the lower engine cowling off to get at it. It can wait until fall.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks for the post and sorry about your phone I bet it's not the only one at the bottom of that lake. Great job making the switch and getting some nice eyes for the skillet.

Wakina,

I dragged a crawler harness with Perchy Colorado for 2.5 hours on Friday.. Pulled it in several times and the crawler still wiggled.. I felt sorry for the little fellow.. Not even a white perch, kitty cat, or sheepie wanted him.. I couldn't hardly believe it,,, had it down around 16-18 I'd say. He must have had a bad small or something..

Bummer on the phone.. it gonna be me sooner or later...
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

sorry about the phone, my wife lost hers the same way two years ago, shirt pocket, reached to pull a dippsy rod and in it went, she did not talk to us all day, pouted...
    ahh yes, lifes lessons.... what did we do with out phones..
    Rick
    Rick

Bummer on the phone. Good for you making the switch and putting some fish in the boat.

Thanks for sharing