Fun trip Fun trip Fun trip Fun trip

Thread: Fun trip

Default Fun trip

Took my wife out to Lake Erie for the first time and the biggest walleye she ever caught was a 19 incher well the first fish she caught out there was a 26incher and then she out does that by catching a 28 incher on wed and yesterday on our way out a took a quarter out of my pocket and said a prayer and wish for her to catch a 30 incher or better. I had her kiss it and threw it up in the air to land in the sea behind the boat! Guess what happened about midday yesterday the planner board went completely under the water we grabbed the rod set the hook and game on! we got the fish up to the boat and I couldn't net it fast enough and sure enough it was that 30incher that I'm gonna put on the wall for her! I have been coming out to Erie for the last 12 yrs on and off and I told her I have never caught one that big so she is up one on me!! We were trolling night crawlers and one custom bandit that was catching fish no specific color for crawler harness but running about 1 to 1.2 mph anywhere from 20ft to 42ft down with 1.5oz to 2oz weights. We fished from the west side of Green island to the north side of north bass island by the red can to Kelly's island! Hope everyone has a great rest of the year out there and we will see ya next year Lake Erie!!! Thank you for a safe trip!
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-07-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Wrong island name

Great job and congratulations on the big fish and the report but why wait till next year as the fun just started to get better

Awesome story, and congrats!!

My friend Rachel's first lake Erie walleye a few years back went 32" and 11.5#. I told her that it was a fish of a lifetime. Her next first went 31" and 11#.

I've never caught a 30" lol

The reason till next year is we have a 13 hr drive so we usually only can make one trip a yr out there.... wish it was closer!

Congrats to you and your wife.
    Glad to hear your trip was a success and you both had fun.

Thanks for sharing