Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16 Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16 Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16 Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16

Default Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16

Picked my crew up at their hotel at 6am, and headed to Catawba to launch. But, first, we stopped at Rickard's so they could pick up some Bandits, because they were going to be fishing out of their boat the rest of the weekend, and needed some.

We launched at 6:30, and headed north to the Niagara area. We made a couple passes there and picked up two small fish. There were decent marks, but nothing like we saw two days ago there. So, after listening to the radio for a bit, we decided to head to the Starve Island area to give it a go there.

There were a lot of boats there, and I'm sure tomorrow is going to be a zoo there, so I think I'll find another spot to fish that will have less traffic involved. Anyway, we were running the deep walleye Bandits again today. The best color for us was the Blue/Chrome with the orange belly. IB Frozen took a fish, as well as the chart/blue back Bandit. We ran them 55-75 back behind the Off Shore boards.

We also ran the new Smithwick "Top 20" stick baits. Three on one side and Bandits on the other side. The Black/Chrome and the Lemon Lime Crush with the orange belly took two fish today too. We didn't start running them until later in their trip, so who's to say how well they would have done had we run them longer. We caught fish on those at 75 and 100 back. I don't know exactly how deep those dive yet, because there isn't a dive curve for them yet. So, we just sent them out and just duplicated the leads when we caught fish on them. lol

Ryan and Dani Baker, and their friend Nick were a real treat for me today. They fish Green Bay a lot, so they are very adept at running inline planer boards, and running a boat, so basically, all I had to do today was keep them over some fish, and let them work everything. They did an awesome job, and it was quite relaxing for me really, and was more like I was just out fishing with some friends who let me come along to fish with them. It was just a great day! I really enjoyed their company. They learned some things, and I gave them a lot of info to help them the rest of the weekend too.

We went 10 for 11 fish today, and they kept 8. They put the bigger fish back.
    After I dropped them off at 2:30, they grabbed their boat and headed back out to try for their 10 more. I just got a text from them telling me that they went back to the same area we fished, and have already put 7 fish in the boat! I feel like a proud momma! They really paid attention, and it's paying off. Woot! Woot! And, that makes me happy...

Tomorrow through Monday, I have Rod and Sue Ferguson, and their son (I think?).... they are repeat customers from last year, that I had fun fishing with, so I know it will be another enjoyable three days on the water.

The weather looks favorable to get all three days in too! Yay!

So...Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16-ryan-dani-nick-5_6_16img_6116-jpg Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16-ryan-dani-nick-5_6_16img_6117-jpg Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16-ryan-dani-nick-5_6_16img_6118-jpg Fishing with Ryan, Dani, and Nick 5/6/16-img_2473-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Good job thanks for the great report didn't get to fish today hopefully Monday you guys always give good reports with locations really helps us guys who don't get to fish every day thank-you

Blog Entries

did a time machine jump back to one of your first post Capt Juls was kind of cool looking back at the posts from all the members that were around over the years Question what ever happened to WALLEYE WACKER ?

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    did a time machine jump back to one of your first post Capt Juls was kind of cool looking back at the posts from all the members that were around over the years Question what ever happened to WALLEYE WACKER ?
    Hmmmm...wierd. lol I don't know who "Walleye Wacker" really is, or if I did know at one time...that info had fled my brain. I can't answer that question.
    [email protected]

Blog Entries

Ok he was a character we had on this site some time ago .

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Ok he was a character we had on this site some time ago .
    I remember him...glad he’s gone.

Blog Entries

This site has improved greatly over the years! With acurate reports and good info

Searching for info: started fishing this summer with jet divers, occasionally divers end up on top of water upside down. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredwalleye View Post
    Searching for info: started fishing this summer with jet divers, occasionally divers end up on top of water upside down. What am I doing wrong?
    You might want to ask that question as a separate post. I don't run jets on my boat.
    [email protected]