Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16 Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16 Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16 Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16

Default Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16

We left out of Mazurik's at 6:30am and started to head to D Can, but stopped short to check the marks on the south side of Starve. We set up, but didn't stay very long, because the conditions didn't look bad out on the main part of the lake, and we decided to head back to the area we were at yesterday, between D Can and Niagara.

Bandits were the lure of choice again today...55-75 back took all our fish. Same colors as yesterday, but the "Glow Pink Squirrel" was by far our hottest color. "Taco Salad" and "IB Frozen" were also good colors today. Speed was still 1.6mph.

I broke the cardinal rule of "Don't leave fish to find fish" after we caught 5, but I was hoping to find some bigger fish for them, so we headed towards the islands. My plan was to hit Middle Bass...go through the pass, and hit Kelly's on the way back to Mazurik's. But, then, Capt. Kevin called, who was fishing out by us earlier, and he said the bite was getting better. Ugh...decisions...decisions...

After talking it over with my crew, we decided to turn the 6 hour charter into an 8 hour charter and make the move back out to Niagara. We picked up three more fish in an hour and a half, so I gave my crew the option of finishing out the 8th hour, or stopping after 7 hours with their 8 fish. They opted for the 7 hour trip, and were happy with the fish they caught. The grade was definitely better than yesterday's catch, so that helped with their decision.

Had we stayed out there, and I hadn't moved, I'm pretty sure we would have limited out. Oh well...that's what happens when I quit smoking, and get fidgety! lol

Tomorrow's forecast is "iffy". I'll look at the wind forecast in the morning, and make the call to go, or not to go, around 5am. 15-20mph out of the North is NOT 1-3's like the marine forecast is saying. It will be more like 3-4's with the occasional 5 footers thrown in.

Bob and DeAnn are a lot of fun to fish with, and DeAnn was a big help, because even though she is a novice planer board user, she has an eagle eye and can see the fish hitting, when most other people can't. Thanks DeAnn!!

I'll be fishing with Bob and DeAnn again if the wind forecast allows us.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16-bob-deann-herting-5_4_16img_6078-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16-bob-deann-herting-5_4_16img_6080-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16-bob-deann-herting-5_4_16img_6082-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16-bob-deann-herting-5_4_16img_6084-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/4/16-bob-deann-herting-5_4_16img_6086-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice job. thanks for post.

enjoyed your post...Nice

Thanks for the post Capt. Juls. plan to try it on saturday. Looks OK in morning, sounds like storm early afternoon.

Nice fish! Glad to see there still chewing on bandits .