Inline boards Inline boards Inline boards Inline boards

Thread: Inline boards

Default Inline boards

Good afternoon all. I thought I might experiment with the inline boards this weekend. I have run jets and dipsies...have even run the big boards a few times. Thanks to ALL OF YOU folks, I have had some fairly good success. As stated in another recent post, this is a fantastic forum with genuine people. Everyone is always willing to help each other. Thank you again!
    I was thinking it is a bit early for spoons. I was going to try a few crank baits, off the back of the inline boards. Do I use an inline weight as well? Will an inline weight (maybe 2oz.) be to heavy for "tattle flag"? Should I just remove tattle flag? Last, but surely not least, what have folks been trying? Let out 30'...attach weight, let out another 30'...attach board? I realize you need to adjust to fish and conditions, just looking for a starting point. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Good Luck to Everyone this season!!!

You can always try the 2oz with your boards to see how they will act.
    Or you could just run longer leads with cranks like Bandits, Reef Runners or DHJ's without the weights and let them out 80 to 100.
    I've seen a lot of reports were it seems like 80 back is a good number

Good Luck in your search

Thank you Phil...I was looking for options and you gave me a couple. Have a great day!

On ours with flags the bandits pull the flags about halfway down, we use a light rubber band, loop it around the flag, over the nose, and loop the other end around the mainline arm. Flag still functions, and will still pull back with white bass, at least it did the other week when we got a few. The rubber band is light just enough the counter act the pull of the deep diver.

Thank you gentlemen! As always a lot of great ideas.

Your Offshore boards should handle 3oz weights with only the tail of the board sitting low to being under the water surface without a problem. 4oz is a bit to heavy and the boards run different than when running 3oz and lighter.
    Like mentioned, if you use #27? rubber bands ( standard office size, and cheap) you should be able to run 3oz weight without the flag going down at all. I do on mine. I snipped a small "<" notch in the front of my boards at the highest spring hole. That notch will hold the rubber band where ever you place the tension.

I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Ebijack, thanks for adding the pics, I looked my info up our rubber bandit are #16. I hook my rubber bands up the same almost, instead of hooking on the wire that pulls the tattle flag, I loop over the entire flag. But I never thought about the notch in the front to help locate it.

I went and checked, the rubber bands are number 32, sorry about that. I bought a 1lb bag at staples for $9. Which is enough for everyone in a marina.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Don't know for sure what # rubber I use but they are a little lighter and I use two for regular use (Crankbaits) and can add 1 or 2 or more if needed to adjust my tattle flag tension. I should add that I have no spring because rather than buying the spring kit for multiple boards I just made my own with a steel leader for the rod and a split sinker on the leader for the flag stop. Works fine for me and gives me more flag tension adjustments.

Just my 2 cent lunchtime commentary. Back to work for now. Good Luck to All!

Edit: Thanks ebijack for the slot idea. Mine free float but I can see how the slot could add more precision to the adjustment tension. Just a rookie and learning everyday.
    Last edited by Davesnothere; 05-05-2016 at 10:23 AM.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden