Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16 Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16 Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16 Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16

Default Fishing with Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16

Bob and DeAnn drove in from South Dakota yesterday, and met me out in front of their hotel at 6am this morning. We hit Bopper's for breakfast, and then headed over to Catawba to launch, since we were planning on hitting the area between D Can and Niagara.

The NE winds were finally turned off today, and the morning was absolutely beautiful. What little wind we did get, was from variable directions, but nothing over 3mph, I'm guessing.

We started catching fish before all the lines were set, and had five fish in the box in the first short pass. Bandits 65-100 back were taking fish, but the 65 and 75 foot leads were the strongest. Speed varied between 1.6 and 1.8mph. Color didn't seem to matter. They were stacked there, but most were still hanging out on the bottom.

When we were looking for our 12th fish, I said, "After we get your limit in the boat, I want to go try another area in case the winds are up to tomorrow, and we can't get back out here. They said, Okay, and two boards went back, to give us 13 fish. We left Niagara and headed to the area to the west of Mouse, and NW of Catawba.

We went 3 for 5 fish there, and lost two big fish, that were probably not hooked very well, because they came off half way in.

I was using the "Rabbit" mode on the Ulterra to jump the speed up to 2-2.4 mph, and then turning it off to slow it back down again. Up and down, up and down....it seemed to trigger bites when we were going with the current....which tells me, that I needed to be going faster than the 1.6-1.8 mph I initially started with. At one point it triggered a double...and both were undoubtedly our biggest fish of the day. Woot! Woot! Sometimes, just doing something a little different can trigger them. Making "S" turns can help you determine if you need to be going faster, or slower, too. But, don't forget about that bunny button, it's there for a reason....play with it.

Bob, DeAnn, and I will be launching out of Mazurik's in the morning, and heading back to that area between D Can and Niagara, if the wind forecast doesn't change.

But, you know me....I could always change my mind, and my plan will be totally different in the morning. LOL

Stay tuned....

Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16-bob-deann-herting-5_3_16img_6074-jpg Fishing with  Bob and DeAnn Herting 5/3/16-bob-deann-herting-5_3_16img_6076-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Awesome Capt, you hit the mother load today.
    Congrats!

Thanks for sharing

Awesome job, I bet they had a blast... Thanks for the post Juls.

Very Nice fish! And thanks for your posts!