Bandit's Bandit's Bandit's Bandit's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandit's

Cool Bandit's

Hey there! I'm new to this site,an was looking for some input . I was fishing out there the end of last week an did well when the weather,or I should say wind would allowed me to fish. I was wandering if the bandits would still be productive the beginning of June? What about bomber 24a's or storm jr's . I didn't want to get my fingers dirty with worm guts Lol! I plan on spending a week there in early June. I call it gods country. Alot of you guys and girls are blessed to live so close to walleye machine like erie. I caught most of my fish near mouse, mostly on the stock bandit's . Humble bee did the most damage for me then the black headed wonder bread was runner up 60' back , 1.3-1.5 .Any information would be truly appreciated. I have been reading this site for a few months now,an would like to thank everyone for the shared imfo. I was beginning to wonder about the human race in my area. This site is very enlightening. THANKS again!

they should be but at that time of year spoons killer bees and even little Rippers works best for me I am new to the bandits but I'm sure they will do just as well good luck

Thanks ! Dave What are killer bees? Haven't heard of them. I have some spoons stingers the smallest ones. How do you pull your spoons?, I hear copper back, been trying my own harrnesses for a while.

I don't know what killer bees are, but I can tell you how we run stinger spoons (the small ones). Mostly behind Tru-Trips or Dipseys on a 6 ft leader. Spoons and single Colorado or double willow blade harnesses are usually our go-to baits in Late May. I think the biggest concern about early June is the mayfly hatch. When that happens, everything seems to get messed up. Guess there's just too much food in the system for walleye to bother chasing other baits. But I'm like you Frank, I am not blessed to live within an hour or two of Erie. It's a 5 hr drive for me and I only get there 3 or 4 times each year. Spend the week before Memorial Day each year out of Turtle Creek. Looking forward to in this year!

I think they are talking about a Bagley lure that resembles a Wiggle Wart.

https://bagleybait.com/balsa-lures/killr-b/
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

scorpion Stinger spoons and I usually pull them with 40 jet divers and yes the killer bees are from Bagley and it does resemble a Wiggle Wart,but the only problem with spoons is it attracts a lot of junk fish too that's why I like running though slightly bigger baits

Quote Originally Posted by Davids4768 View Post
    scorpion Stinger spoons and I usually pull them with 40 jet divers and yes the killer bees are from Bagley and it does resemble a Wiggle Wart,but the only problem with spoons is it attracts a lot of junk fish too that's why I like running though slightly bigger baits
    Try the next size up in the Stinger spoons it cuts down on the number of white perch and smaller white bass.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks for all the info! Now that you said that where bagleys,im sure I have a few in my bass tackle, I thought I remembered the name but wasn't sure there's so much stuff out there I tend to forget the older baits. I also have jets but I have the trip Z's ,. I never seen the tt until I was out there last week browsing through a local tackle store while waiting for the wind to lay, are they better than the trip z ? Also what about color choice in the jets? I have a 6hr. Run to get to heaven. Well I was sprouting wings on the way home LOL!

Good luck on your trip Brody! Rip some lips for me!

WHITE/CLEAR and black work for me