Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16 Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16 Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16 Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16

After a fun week of fishing with Craig and Scott, my boat was dirty, my house was dirty, my yard was full of dog poo, and my dogs were giving me the "big sad eyes", so I opted to clean everything up and take the dogs for a ride, and walk, yesterday instead of taking the time to write the blog.

To summarize the info, because I'm headed out fishing again this morning, I just want to say first that they were the greatest guys to fish with, and I hope to fish with them again next year! It truly was more like just fun fishing than work for me, so I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to fish with them.

We fished in the rain on Thursday, but it wasn't bad, and the winds were down, so we could move from spot to spot with relative ease. And, Friday was perfectly calm with the most beautiful sunrise I have seen yet this season. What a way to end the trip.

Anyway, the bite was at Niagara, and we pulled Bandits 55-75 back. Thursday, it was chromes (blues and pinks), and Friday it was Anti Freeze and Fire Tiger that did the best. Speed was a little higher on Thursday at 1.8-2.0mph, while Friday it was back down to 1.6 mph.

If anyone has been following the chatter on the NWT tournament that was just here. The winner, Tom Keenan, I'm told was fishing over in Vermilion, so the fish are definitely on the move now. The second place finisher, who was in the lead on day one, was fishing over by the Marblehead lighthouse...fishing deep. We had hit that area before take off on day one, so my guys could watch the boats fly by...which was pretty cool. It brought back a lot of memories for me too.

One boat gave a pretty good show....but, I doubt he meant to..lol
    He hit a wake and the entire boat was out of the water...I could see his prop clear as day. Ouch! I'm sure his Co Angler was thinking, "Holy #%$#, this guy is nuts"! Ha!

Anyway, I'm keeping this one short, because I have too many good memories from fishing with these two gentlemen to get them all down in print. So, I'll just keep the memories to myself this time.

I'm headed out this morning for a quick 4 hour trip (which I no longer offer, but they were repeats and booked early last year before I changed the services)...and, will be sticking close, in order to maximize our time on the water. I'm thinking of fishing either the Mouse Island area, or going over to the lighthouse again to see if I can get those deep fish to bite. Wayne Van Dyke got them to bite on Deep Bandits 150 back, but I'm thinking that if I use a 2oz snap weight, I can cut that length in half and run them 75 back at 35/40. It's worth a try anyway.

Good luck if you get out today...I'll blog later since my chores are all done.

Stay tuned...

Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16-craig-scott-day-5-5img_5954-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16-craig-scott-day-5-5img_5957-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16-craig-scott-day-5-5img_5958-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16-craig-scott-day-5-5img_5959-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men cont'd 4/21-4/22/16-craig-scott-day-5-5img_5961-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

As always, thanks for the info and stories Juls! Glad you all had a good week on the water with some luck, appreciate sharing (especially for those of us stuck working and not fishing this weekend lol)