Lakeside Report Lakeside Report Lakeside Report Lakeside Report

Thread: Lakeside Report

Default Lakeside Report

For those of you docked near Lakeside and hoping to fish within 10 miles or so of your marina....I'll be making a few posts this year on our area of Lake Erie.

First a safety note: As of Saturday a section of commercial fishing net had drifted in near shore just east of East Harbor entrance. It has some small white bouys and a double flag anchor bouy as shown in this Sea Grant tutorial http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/wiscu/wiscug11004.pdf

Friday and Saturday there were some groups of suspended fish around the Starve Island Reef area. Also a large number of fish near bottom in the deep water.

The fishermen who had success were rigged to troll sloooow. Sub 1 mph. Cold water I guess.

We don't have the hot jig bite in our part of the lake yet, but the spawn will happen soon and after that it will be game-on.

All for now.

CaptKen

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKen View Post
    For those of you docked near Lakeside and hoping to fish within 10 miles or so of your marina....I'll be making a few posts this year on our area of Lake Erie.

First a safety note: As of Saturday a section of commercial fishing net had drifted in near shore just east of East Harbor entrance. It has some small white bouys and a double flag anchor bouy as shown in this Sea Grant tutorial http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/wiscu/wiscug11004.pdf

Friday and Saturday there were some groups of suspended fish around the Starve Island Reef area. Also a large number of fish near bottom in the deep water.

The fishermen who had success were rigged to troll sloooow. Sub 1 mph. Cold water I guess.

We don't have the hot jig bite in our part of the lake yet, but the spawn will happen soon and after that it will be game-on.

All for now.

CaptKen
    Thanks, for the warning and report, Looking forward to game on
    Dennis

Yes that fishing net was just out side of shrocks marina. Right on the shore. Lots of white bass In there a couple days ago.

Yeah we dock at Matblehead Harbor and noticed the net there over the weekend. I never remembered there being a bet in there before.