Lakeside Report Lakeside Report Lakeside Report Lakeside Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lakeside Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakeside Report

For those of you docked near Lakeside and hoping to fish within 10 miles or so of your marina....I'll be making a few posts this year on our area of Lake Erie.

First a safety note: As of Saturday a section of commercial fishing net had drifted in near shore just east of East Harbor entrance. It has some small white bouys and a double flag anchor bouy as shown in this Sea Grant tutorial http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/wiscu/wiscug11004.pdf

Friday and Saturday there were some groups of suspended fish around the Starve Island Reef area. Also a large number of fish near bottom in the deep water.

The fishermen who had success were rigged to troll sloooow. Sub 1 mph. Cold water I guess.

We don't have the hot jig bite in our part of the lake yet, but the spawn will happen soon and after that it will be game-on.

All for now.

CaptKen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKen View Post
    For those of you docked near Lakeside and hoping to fish within 10 miles or so of your marina....I'll be making a few posts this year on our area of Lake Erie.

First a safety note: As of Saturday a section of commercial fishing net had drifted in near shore just east of East Harbor entrance. It has some small white bouys and a double flag anchor bouy as shown in this Sea Grant tutorial http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/wiscu/wiscug11004.pdf

Friday and Saturday there were some groups of suspended fish around the Starve Island Reef area. Also a large number of fish near bottom in the deep water.

The fishermen who had success were rigged to troll sloooow. Sub 1 mph. Cold water I guess.

We don't have the hot jig bite in our part of the lake yet, but the spawn will happen soon and after that it will be game-on.

All for now.

CaptKen
    Thanks, for the warning and report, Looking forward to game on
    Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that fishing net was just out side of shrocks marina. Right on the shore. Lots of white bass In there a couple days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we dock at Matblehead Harbor and noticed the net there over the weekend. I never remembered there being a bet in there before.