Weather ?? & Advice Weather ?? & Advice Weather ?? & Advice Weather ?? & Advice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather ?? & Advice

Considering weather and knowing it can change so quick looking into next week. Advice on what is fishable within reason. Very subjective I realize, but you all know what the lake is like in the conditions forecast. I am sort of guessing.

Cold is one thing. Wet another… rough worse yet, mix them all in, and that brings the question. My first trip has been planned for Monday-Thursday. 17' deep v, well set up…. but I am 6 hours away. Been dreaming about this for a long time, but need advice if I need to let go of it. Wind is 90% of my concern. Not looking to just sit in the motel.

In this forecast, the north wind… how bad is that? The reefs, jigging or trolling mixed up was the plan.

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images Weather ?? & Advice-screen-shot-2016-03-31-11-48-56-pm-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing I know is ya never know. I highly doubt you'll get 4 days of calm lake in a row but I think you'll get some trips in. Lake is muddy with cold unstable weather lately. You'll catch fish just possibly not the normal amount for a typical spring weather. Sucks for all of us right now. I've been fishing Erie for 25 years

Post Thanks / Like

Monday doesn't look so good as the 17 mph north winds can make for a rough day. but still may be fishable as long as you don't have 20 mph gusts. the rest looks fishable to me. you may need some good warm clothes and some rain gear on a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

We are just heading out on our 14 hour trip to get to Port Clinton for the next week or so. We will just also have to look at the weather each day, its always changing, we will find a place to fish just adapt and overcome! Even one real good day out of the week fishing there makes the trip worthwhile. Good luck, cant catch them at home! Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I can not in all honesty give you any advise I just feel to uncomforatable about the weather! The weather is just to unpredictable this time of the year. I would not want you to base your trip on my opinion and have it turn out to be a bust in either being good and you staying home or coming and have it blow the whole time!

ON Edit:

This is one of the more reliable wind forecasters and they have changed drastically since 8am our time this morning.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...orecast+Graphs
    Last edited by wakina; 04-01-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=This is one of the more reliable wind forecasters and they have changed drastically since 8am our time this morning.[/QUOTE]

I get it… just never know with mom nature, and it doesn't look promissing. It is wild how fast it changes.

Post Thanks / Like

if the winds are as your chart shows it will be fishable but it will be rough...sometimes the wind blows all day then lays down in the late afternoon...can't say how and where now for those dates...I'd start in close before I went way out...from reports they seam to be getting enough fish around 13 ft give or take.