Fish finder Fish finder Fish finder Fish finder

Thread: Fish finder

Default Fish finder

Hey guys, looking to purchase a new fish finder, gps etc. Looking at what Cabelas has to offer. Not brand loyal or anything, just want a unit that will mark fish for drifting and trolling.. looking to spend around 500. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Whopper, the Humminbird Helix 7 with Sonar and GPS would be a great unit in that price range. For a mapping card you could use either the Navionics + or the Lakemaster chips. I use that exact unit with a Lakemaster Great Lakes chip for Erie / Detroit river and its a great combo. If you wanna keep it closer to $500 with a mapping chip, the Helix 5 Sonar/GPS would be a better option. I have a couple of friends that have recently bought the Lowrance Hook 5 with Nav + card and they seem to be happy with their choice as well. Raymarine Dragonfly units are another good option to look at too. Hope that helps.

Patrick

Default Cabelas Doorbuster Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Hey guys, looking to purchase a new fish finder, gps etc. Looking at what Cabelas has to offer. Not brand loyal or anything, just want a unit that will mark fish for drifting and trolling.. looking to spend around 500. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I got my Cabelas mailer yesterday. They are having a "doorbuster" sale this Saturday. One of the items is the Garmin EchoMap 73si. it's a nice unit. Normally $999 but doorbuster price is $499. It comes with Down and Side view sonar. I'm not sure how many they'll have available at this price. but if you are close to a Cabelas it might be worth a peek.