Trolling jet divers Trolling jet divers Trolling jet divers Trolling jet divers

Default Trolling jet divers

Curious if anyone has tried to troll jets behind inline walleye boards? Would jet 40's be to much for inlines?

Thanks,

Ben

I've been doing it for years using offshore boards. I made my own releases for the jets.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I have done it for years and continue to do it. Although if I have 3 or more people I like to run big boards. Little boards to big of a pain if I'm running more than 4 lines.

Yes, do it all the time. However, the tattle flags that work well with in-line sinkers, will not be effective with Jets. I usually either add a rubber band or two for more tension, or just ignore them and use my drag as the indicator that something is on the line. Set your drag just tight enough so it won't release by the pull of the board and leave the clicker on. When the drag slips, you have something on it. If you run 3 on each side in a line, you can usually tell if one of them us pulling futher back. I usually only run 1 on each side, so that doesn't work for me. I like running two boards and two "boat" rods. If I can run 6 rods (3 in US and 2 in CAN), then I either run 4 "boat" rods + 2 boards, or 4 boards and 2 boat rods. My go-to set up for 6 rods is two boards in the farthest forward holders running up high. Two small dipseys set on a 2 or 3 setting in the next set of holders running mid-level, then two straight off the back running the deepest (dipseys on a 1 setting, Jets or in-lines if I am pulling harnesses). Adjust from there depending on what is working.