Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate Fishing Town 2013 Port Colborne,Ontario

I mean no disrespect by posting this a second time here. I am a true fisherman, with a vast history fishing Lake Erie. It's in my family's blood for decades. I am a descendant of the Minor family. Dear Lake Erie fishing Friends!! Port Colborne, Ontario. A small city on the North shore of Lake Erie is once again running for the title of "Ultimate Fishing Town" Held by the World Fishing Network. Port has come in 2nd place the past two years! Now it Ports turn to shine. Winning this donation of $25,000 will be a huge help to the Niagara Region. Please show your support in helping to make Port Colborne Canada's ULTIMATE FISING TOWN for 2013. Voting has already started and you can vote 4 times everyday!!! Voting ends May 24th!!

Vote Here:

www.ultimatefishingtown.com/portcolborne-on

Visit and join our Facebook page at:

www.facebook.com/PortColborneOntario

GO PORT GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fishing Town View Post
    I mean no disrespect by posting this a second time here. I am a true fisherman, with a vast history fishing Lake Erie. It's in my family's blood for decades. I am a descendant of the Minor family. Dear Lake Erie fishing Friends!! Port Colborne, Ontario. A small city on the North shore of Lake Erie is once again running for the title of "Ultimate Fishing Town" Held by the World Fishing Network. Port has come in 2nd place the past two years! Now it Ports turn to shine. Winning this donation of $25,000 will be a huge help to the Niagara Region. Please show your support in helping to make Port Colborne Canada's ULTIMATE FISING TOWN for 2013. Voting has already started and you can vote 4 times everyday!!! Voting ends May 24th!!

Vote Here:

www.ultimatefishingtown.com/portcolborne-on

Visit and join our Facebook page at:

www.facebook.com/PortColborneOntario

GO PORT GO!!!
    I mean no disrespect by posting this, but:

Since you are a Proud Descendent of the Minor family; why didn't you provide the links to the YouTube videos contained on the Minor Fisheries Ltd. website? In case you just forgot I will help you out and post them for you at the end of my comment. Please understand that most of the people who fish the western basin of Lake Erie on the Ohio side do not have a very high opinion of commercial fishermen from either Ohio or Ontario, even though I don't begrudge a man making a living I still cannot support you, your City or the fishing industry your city is noted for. Here are the links to the things you are so proud of and would like our vote for!!!

http://www.minorfisheries.net/plant.html

The following 2 links can be found on the website the link above opens!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igdwk7ypgJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBE-hzIwpQQ
    Last edited by wakina; 04-15-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Very interesting Wakina. I understand your concern, however. What you have shown here is no different they thousands of similar situations around the world!! It's called making a living and feeding those around you. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and I respect that. A good day to you, and keep your lines tight and wet! I personally don't believe is hunting. But I don't disrespect those who do!! Once again, they are feeding their families. Part of life!! The Food Chain.

GO PORT GO!!!

I just feel that if you are soliciting my vote and everyone else's vote who may read your solicitation on this site, that you should be more straight forward and post all of the facts and causes that you and your city and especially you as a Minor Family descendent supports. Please don't lead us to believe that you support the Sport Fishing Community and solicit votes based on that belief, you have made no reference to your ties to the commercial fishing industry in your solicitation for votes. The Minor family's interest is not the Sport fishing Community but the Commercial Fishing Community. This site is geared to and for the Sport fishing Community. So lets be honest with each other and the rest of the Walleye . com Community, you only registered 2 days ago on 04/14/2013, up and until you responded to my reply you had only made 2 posts both of which were soliciting votes. Besides your recent post/thread how many other posts on this site do you see in the support of Commercial Fishing? It would appear that you have no interest in the Walleye . Com community beyond soliciting votes for your cause!!

As I stated in my original reply I do not begrudge you or anyone else for making an honest living, but only that I do not support nor can I support your City and your Cities ongoing commercial fishing industry and fishing history with my vote. You mentioned that you do not support or believe in hunting and that is fine with me, I accept that as your personal choice. But writing that statement on this thread on Walleye . Com and using it as what appears to be a defense of your position, is like comparing apples to oranges and does not pass the smell test!! Here is why. Beyond Guided Hunts and hunting camps (Outfitters) for individual hunters or small groups of hunters who are hunting to fill their personal hunting tags, to the best of my knowledge, there are no Commercial hunting industries in the USA or Canada where there is a legal quota on commercially harvested game animals, with all or almost all of the harvested game animals being sold to the retail market as a food source and for the personal gain of the hunter. Have a nice day and may the future hold the best for you.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I just feel that if you are soliciting my vote and everyone else's vote who may read your solicitation on this site, that you should be more straight forward and post all of the facts and causes that you and your city and especially you as a Minor Family descendent supports. Please don't lead us to believe that you support the Sport Fishing Community and solicit votes based on that belief, you have made no reference to your ties to the commercial fishing industry in your solicitation for votes. The Minor family's interest is not the Sport fishing Community but the Commercial Fishing Community. This site is geared to and for the Sport fishing Community. So lets be honest with each other and the rest of the Walleye . com Community, you only registered 2 days ago on 04/14/2013, up and until you responded to my reply you had only made 2 posts both of which were soliciting votes. Besides your recent post/thread how many other posts on this site do you see in the support of Commercial Fishing? It would appear that you have no interest in the Walleye . Com community beyond soliciting votes for your cause!!

As I stated in my original reply I do not begrudge you or anyone else for making an honest living, but only that I do not support nor can I support your City and your Cities ongoing commercial fishing industry and fishing history with my vote. You mentioned that you do not support or believe in hunting and that is fine with me, I accept that as your personal choice. But writing that statement on this thread on Walleye . Com and using it as what appears to be a defense of your position, is like comparing apples to oranges and does not pass the smell test!! Here is why. Beyond Guided Hunts and hunting camps (Outfitters) for individual hunters or small groups of hunters who are hunting to fill their personal hunting tags, to the best of my knowledge, there are no Commercial hunting industries in the USA or Canada where there is a legal quota on commercially harvested game animals, with all or almost all of the harvested game animals being sold to the retail market as a food source and for the personal gain of the hunter. Have a nice day and may the future hold the best for you.
    Let's get a few things straight here before you go off the deep end. I only mentioned the family as a descendent which goes back over 100 years. Not a huge deal mind you. BUT to set you straight. We "our committee" is in fact doing this for the community. As a matter of fact we have come in 2nd place the past two years winning at total of $10,000 which MOST of it has gone to the Port Colborne & District Conservation club who not only cleans the areas around us, but has a "WALLEYE" hatchery where they re stock the Welland River with thousands of Walleye every year, these fish find themselves in LAKE ERIE!! We also have used some of the winnings to promote youth conservation and good fishing habits with a FREE kids fishing Derby every year on fathers day. We are also pushing the bring back the Big Bass Classic Bass Tourney and support our yearly 444 Walleye Tourney. This contest and the winnings have nothing to do with Minor Fisheries and they get nothing out of it at all. So please before you accuse anyone of anything, maybe you should sit down, think things over a bit and calm down. You're rather quick to jump and accuse. Sure this was my first post here, and it was an important one at that. I will end my conversation with you at this point, as I don't want this to become a pissing contest. Good Day Wakina.

I replied to your/this thread based upon the information you provided! You thought it important enough to include your family Heritage in your initial post. I did not attack your family heritage or try to disgrace it in any way. I only pointed out what you failed to tell me. Those were your words not mine! What I stated is the truth. You have contributed nothing to this site since registering, but instead have asked us to vote for your city in your first 2 posts on Walleye . Com. You provided none of the information in your first 2 post to this thread that you have provided in your latest reply. You find it is easy to move the goal posts and change the rules (change the substance of your original post)once the other side has the ball(replied).

Thank you for the information about the Port Colborne & District Conservation Club in your latest post! I commend You and them for their efforts in your combined conservation efforts.

Sorry but I do not have my panties in a bunch over this thread and I am sure that disappoints you as I am not going to bite on your insinuation that I do! But I do stand by my previous replies and especially this Statement from an earlier reply~~ "It would appear that you have no interest in the Walleye . Com community beyond soliciting votes for your cause!!"
    Have a nice day and may your future be filled with pleasant surprises.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Default Port clinton ohio

Since this contest was brought to our attention I made a vote. And I will tell you who I voted for. PORT CLINTON OHIO

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    Since this contest was brought to our attention I made a vote. And I will tell you who I voted for. PORT CLINTON OHIO
    So did I, or at least I think I did.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    Great to know I was able to help you vote for Port Clinton Ohio! Guys lets start over. I want to first appologize if I over stepped any forum boundaries here. I never had any intention of starting things off in a bad sense or invade on this great page of Walley information. My intentions were all positive and nothing negative at all. Maybe my family heritage was a bad way to start. With that being said... My Great Grandfather is the relation. I personally have nothing to do with the fisheries what so ever. I just thought it may create a relation, but didn't imagine it would be a negative one. I love the sport of fishing, I want to help out in every way I can. The good news is... Both Canada and USA will have their own winner. One winner here, and one winner in the states. With that being said. How is Port Clinton doing so far in the votes?? I propose a TEAM up. I can get members from our committe to vote for Port Clinton if you can also send votes Port Colborne Ontario's way?? This is how last years winners took the top prize for 2012. Please let me know your thoughts. And I sincerly hope my appology is taken well. Best Regards and Fish hard and have fun!!!

First let me say that I am only accepting your apology because you offered it, as there really was no need to extend one. So in turn I am offering you my apology also. You and the rest of the Minor family have nothing to be ashamed of in your collective Heritage, your family has been very successful business persons and commercial fishermen for over 100 years. With your last 2 post you have cleared up a lot of the fog surrounding your intent and position on conservation and real reason for asking us for our help. I am now going to offer you a piece of advice about sport fishing forums. It is being offered to you as a friend and not as an adversary.
    If you are affiliated in anyway with a commercial fishing operation on the Great Lakes, active or not or only through being a relative. It would probably be in your best interest if you kept that info to yourself. For what ever reason Sport fishing persons and commercial fishing interests do not cohabitate very well in forum environments. Sport fishing people have a distinct distrust about the Commercial fishing industry both Ohio and Canadian. They tend to blame the industry for all of the population valleys(declines) and give them no credit what so ever for the peaks(high population) that eventually comes along after a large quota reduction that is imposed on both sport and commercial fishing. With that being said I want to extend a belated welcome aboard greeting to you! I hope that you succeed in wining the Canadian division of this contest.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS