perchin, anchor from bow or stern? perchin, anchor from bow or stern? perchin, anchor from bow or stern? perchin, anchor from bow or stern?

Default perchin, anchor from bow or stern?

just wondering which is best bow or stern when perch fishing thanks jeff

Default anchor

The bow is where the boat should be anchored from. Last year on here there was pictures of a boat that sank in very small waves when it was anchoref fron the stern. I think a boat wave came over the back and within minutes it was going down. Always anchor from bow.
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

i always anchor from the bow. its just not safe on erie to anchor from the stern.
    sherman

Default Anchor placement

I always anchor from the stern of my boat and have not had any problems with safety. The main thing is to make sure that you have plenty of anchor line so that the boat can ride up and down with the hight of the waves that you are in. I carry 2 bags of 200' anchor line in each and hook them together with a clevis if need be. The boat holds alot steadier off of the stern so that you can feel the light bites of the fish. My boat is a 26' self bailer and handles some pretty rough seas this way. If you notice most of the larger chater boats do the same, that is why they have installed splash guards on the rear of thier boats which is a piece of canvas streched from the top of the stern to the swim platform the width of the boat, this knocks down the wave keeping most of the spray off of the crew. With the smaller boats it might be safer to anchor off of the bow but you will have to put up with boat swing. Good luck and always be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by percheye View Post
    I always anchor from the stern of my boat and have not had any problems with safety. The main thing is to make sure that you have plenty of anchor line so that the boat can ride up and down with the hight of the waves that you are in. I carry 2 bags of 200' anchor line in each and hook them together with a clevis if need be. The boat holds alot steadier off of the stern so that you can feel the light bites of the fish. My boat is a 26' self bailer and handles some pretty rough seas this way. If you notice most of the larger chater boats do the same, that is why they have installed splash guards on the rear of thier boats which is a piece of canvas streched from the top of the stern to the swim platform the width of the boat, this knocks down the wave keeping most of the spray off of the crew. With the smaller boats it might be safer to anchor off of the bow but you will have to put up with boat swing. Good luck and always be safe.
    thanks ive always anchored from stern with no problem just wondered if boat swing would help or hurt the perch bite thanks jeff

if i remember correct it was a 27 or 29 ft larson that sank last year anchored from the stern. i always go from the bow rather be safe then sorry

Just so you know! Here is the thread!

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...at+sunk&page=2
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default That's not funny BUT!!!!

If you were to anchor from the stern, then why is the only thing sticking out of the water is the anchor mounted on the bow? I thought that guy bought what my grandfather always told me to buy if I ever see one, it's called a SKY-HOOK LOL!!! Keep the reports comming you guys are having a banner year be safe out there PAP.

Quote Originally Posted by empty hooks View Post
    if i remember correct it was a 27 or 29 ft larson that sank last year anchored from the stern. i always go from the bow rather be safe then sorry
    i,ll bet this guy anchors from the bow from now on. he probably never had a problem before, but it only takes one mistake to learn the hard way.
    sherman