Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to get an engine rebuilt?

We had to have our engine rebuilt and are having no luck. We took it to a place in Upper Sandusky that has rebuilt other engines for us. Took it to them in Jan 8th and finally got it back April 29th. Put the boat in the water on May 27th. Pulled it back out on May 27th. They put the wrong cam in. Pulled the engine took it back to them and we got it back on June 4. Put it back in the water this past weekend wasn't on the water on hour (only 2.5 miles out) we hear BANG, BANG, BANG got it shut off immediately. Needless to say we had to be towed in and the boat is back on the trailer.

Looking for somewhere to take it that can get it right the first time. Any recommendation would be great!

The engine is a Chrysler 318.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd contact the BBB that is total BS

Heard nothing but good things about Happy Days Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, we will give them a call.

I agree it is TOTAL BS. All we want to do is get on the water and GO FISHIN'. He said he would give us our money back, but not reimburse us for the time it is going to take to pull the engine again, the hoist, hauling it back to the lake for it not to work.

Thanks Again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default engine

Not to start a debate on who has better mechanics, I would look into drawbridge marina, go in and talk to Steve they Pathe brothers will work on it and will give you an honest answer on your best options and outcomes. You wont be displeased they are honest guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Dreamcatcher

I take it that you have had work done there and was pleased. Our minds are so boggled right now, we don't know what to do. Starting to feel, by time we get the boat running - it will be winter or we will be out of funds to be able to go.

We will give Steve a call - Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

EP June
    Yes over the years have had a lot of work done with them, did an internship with them when I was in high school, and continue to go back to them when I have any marine issues or just need advice on anything in regards to boats. They are the type of guys that wont bull **** you, and information is free... if you know what i mean. Take care good luck man

Post Thanks / Like

Dreamcatcher
    Appreciate the info. Do you know where the Pathe Brother are located? Don't really need a middle man, we can pull and install the engine once it is rebuilt CORRECTLY! Hell, we are getting to be pro's!

Again, any info is greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way that should be GOOD LUCK WOMEN!!! It's Ok I understand most women don't like fishing and wouldn't be on a fishing blog!!!

Thanks for all your help,
    June

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the misconception, as far as the pathe boys, go just go into drawbridge marina, into the parts and service desk. John or Steve will be in there tell them your situation and they will hook you up... the pathe boys are just the machanics that work in the shop there.

Post Thanks / Like

Dreamcatcher - Really appricate the info. The place we took it to before filed a claim with his insurance. We now have to take it in and have it documented what the problem is. I am about ready to give up doing any fishing this year! I think we will probably contact Drawbridge that way it is actually someone who works primarily on marine engines.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 318 motor.

Hi there. sorry to hear about your bad luck with the motor. my recomendation is buy a new short block and put your own heads and other parts back on it. good luck