towing insurance towing insurance towing insurance towing insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default towing insurance

someone told me to get tow insurance.does anyone have any recammendations on who to go with? my boat is down by wild wings

Quote Originally Posted by empty hooks View Post
    someone told me to get tow insurance.does anyone have any recammendations on who to go with? my boat is down by wild wings
    Boat US. Join Boat US for $24.00 then I think it is an additional $35.00 to add unlimited towing.

http://www.boatus.com/membership/

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Boat US. Join Boat US for $24.00 then I think it is an additional $35.00 to add unlimited towing.

http://www.boatus.com/membership/
    agree

you would go with that before finding a local company?

Quote Originally Posted by empty hooks View Post
    you would go with that before finding a local company?
    Yes I would go with Boat US as a lot of the local companies are Boat US affiliates, Boat US contracts with local tow companies and Boat US is a national company, so the chance of going under/out of business is not as likely. The cost of insurance is roughly half of local tow shop owners policies and they will tow you back to your port of departure, and not just to the closest port. They will also bring you fuel if you should run out. (heaven forbid)

You should have some type of towing insurance as the cost of a tow from a mechcanical breakdown runs about 600 bucks or more and the cost for a tow from running hard aground can run twice that much.

Default insurance

check with your boat insurer 2 i got 800 dollars of tow insurance added to my policy for 3 dollars a month and then you can drop it in the winter. my insurance is with farmers.

Talking

Would deff say to go with the insurance...just had to use it...they where great...i was out on not such a good..3to 5 with a surprise if u know what i mean..made a call told about where we where at...took us back to the dock..gave them my boat us num....got a letter from them saying..they paid the bill and this is a copy...587.00.....sure was good to have the insurance...

Thanks again....... Boat us

russ adkins member 12062814

BoatUS.com all the way. Unlimited freshwater towing for $34.00 per year. It's a no brainer I.M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    BoatUS.com all the way. Unlimited freshwater towing for $34.00 per year. It's a no brainer I.M.O.
    The whole story is your membership fee aso needs to be paid. So unless you are already a member would run about $70.00 but then get specials at West Marine. Just don't want anyone mislead.

basser53 Guest

Smile tow insurance

Just completed transaction with boat u.s. Basic membership $24.00 unlimited towing $34.00 $58.00 for peace of mind. by the way Russ you should get a free gift from boat u.s. i used your name and member # for referal !! thanks and happy fishing to all