Electric knife Electric knife Electric knife Electric knife
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric knife

Which electric fillet knife do you guys use and recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

The one I'm using at the time I'm cleaning fish. lol. Have some from Wally world that are about 7 or8 years old, cleaned allot of fish with them, but have used others all seem to do about the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the American Angler 120volt, It does a good job on the 20 to 22 inch fish but gets almost to hot to hold on those occasional 26 to 30 inchers. The rib cage is the problem as they are tough to cut thru. Wish I was as good as those cutters at Bomba's fish cleaners, they use a hand powered fillet knife and can clean probably 12 to 14 for every 4 or 5 that I can with an electric knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Default American angler

I currently use an American Angler. Works well on anything from a gill to a ten plus pound channel. Stay away from the Mister Twisters. They used to be good but they cheapened them up over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default electric fillet knives

I have to disagree.. I have been using mister twister knives for years. I don't use the battery device but plug into the wall. I prefer these knives because the blades bend. You have to sharpen the blades quite often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I use the American Angler 120volt, It does a good job on the 20 to 22 inch fish but gets almost to hot to hold on those occasional 26 to 30 inchers. The rib cage is the problem as they are tough to cut thru. Wish I was as good as those cutters at Bomba's fish cleaners, they use a hand powered fillet knife and can clean probably 12 to 14 for every 4 or 5 that I can with an electric knife.
    Use to be fast with the manual knife, can remember cleaning 500 perch with 5 or 6 people cleaning in about an hour. now a big day is 4 cleaners and 120 perch and e knives about 20 min.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jm gremore View Post
    I have to disagree.. I have been using mister twister knives for years. I don't use the battery device but plug into the wall. I prefer these knives because the blades bend. You have to sharpen the blades quite often.
    Do you send the blades out for sharpening?

Post Thanks / Like

Default filet knife

i have to agree i own 2 mister twister knives, they have been great! i clean everything from crappie to 6-8 lbs. channels and have no complaints!

furlough Guest

I had a Mr. Twister that worked great. I dropped it and well now I have a Rapala brand. It works well and its easy to find replacement blades. For the money I think the Rapala band is a good buy. I got mine at Walmart for under 30 bucks. It does get pretty warm with extended use.