Presidential order banning sport fishing in the great lakes Presidential order banning sport fishing in the great lakes Presidential order banning sport fishing in the great lakes Presidential order banning sport fishing in the great lakes

Default Presidential order banning sport fishing in the great lakes

article on espn website detailing a presidential executive order that could ban sport fishing in the great lakes. recommendations are from a number of extreme evironmental groups that are controlling a commission on the management of water resources in the U.S. they were talking about this on wspd toledo today and will have a number of guests from the fishing industry the next couple of days. anyone getting better info on this please post.
    order is set for the presidents signature by the end of this month.

ZILLA(walleye killa) Guest

ZILLA(walleye killa) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baha299 View Post
    article on espn website detailing a presidential executive order that could ban sport fishing in the great lakes. recommendations are from a number of extreme evironmental groups that are controlling a commission on the management of water resources in the U.S. they were talking about this on wspd toledo today and will have a number of guests from the fishing industry the next couple of days. anyone getting better info on this please post.
    order is set for the presidents signature by the end of this month.
    I don't know. As much as I distrust government - both parties - that just sounds insane to me. Sport fishermen comprise a huge percentage of the population in the Great Lakes region. Even if it were true, a bill like that would cause such a shitstorm of screaming by a usually fragmented group it would make even those hypocritical sellouts in Washington take notice.

- cast party

I agree with you. However, the scary part is that this is not a bill before Congress, it is an executive order by the president authorizing the implimentation of policies that were developed by his committee. A committee made up of very radical environmentalists. I believe it can only be overturned by the president or by his successor. The time to make noise is now before it is put into place.

WSPD 1370 in Toledo had reps on from Bass Pro and Shimano corp and they say this is very real. They will be talking about it again on Thurs. Live broadcast on the internet if you are not in the area starting at 3 pm. You can also access todays show on the internet and play it back. Click on Brian Wilsons show.

Baha299

Default Looks like a canadian liscense

there's always a loop hole

Jfish Guest

The man has surrounded himself by complete radicals. This is just ridiculous that we even have to think about this sillyness.

3 more years of this crap.

lucky dog Guest

Unhappy

I guess all the ones that voted for that clown in washington are gettin what they wanted because he's screwing the rest of us over

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default New Federal laws

I just had to make a comment on this. I read the links posted here, and neither of them said anthing about specific parts of the Interagency Oceans Policy Task Force regarding the Great Lakes. I've been somewhat following this, and I have yet to hear any specifics, just general broad comments on what "might" happen.

We should try and leave the politics off this site. Let's keep it to confirmable, relative information.

Our Great Lakes "watchdog" organizations, both government and private, are keeping an eye on this. It's connected to the United Nations and overall world-wide issues. The Great Lakes were included, and that's probably where there will be problems, since the Lakes are a separate system from the Oceans.

Beware the alarmist comments and press releases. I'm not downplaying this, just making a point that unless you know the facts, posting anything other will cloud the issue and be a disservice to readers on this site.

When factual, specific information can be posted, we'd all love to read it.