What am i doing wrong What am i doing wrong What am i doing wrong What am i doing wrong

Default What am i doing wrong

Been out 3 differnt weeks and two walleyes got them with bottem bouncers, on mouse reef off of catawba yesterday. Day before i was behind kellys and every one was trolling. Is it 2 early to be using bottem bouncers and weight forwards, or am i in the wrong places or just suck on erie. I have always caught walleys with charters in years past. Im doing every thing but trooling and praying, because im not set up for that on this boat. Marking a crasy amount of fish top to bottem and nothing but shephead and white bass caught. Im a pretty good walleye fisherman on inland lakes but cant get it going up here. Docked at marble head anchors away. Any help would be appriciated.

The fishing is just slow right now. This time of year when the eyes are moveing from the spawning area's there is a couple of week transition and the fish just shut down. It will pick up soon. Dont give up. Any bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Bigcahooona1 Guest

It has slowed down.....the weather sucks with one front after another with 20+ mph winds! This makes it hard to be consistent on locating the walleye. However, we are getting to the season where trolling will out produce jigging or drifting (bottom bouncing) 3 to1!
    Poo Bear had 160+ lb last week all trolling........
    Hang in there and good luck!

My toughts are as follow -
    1. We can't catch eyes from the dock. Get good information and do your best to follow it. There are many good fishermen at your marina that will share as well as Highway Bait or Rickards.
    2. location location location- You have to be on fish to catch them. Venture offshore when it is nice enough. My best quality fish are almost always well past the packs in deep water.
    3. presentation- Find the fish and throw everything you have at them. Worms and bouncers should be doing the job. Gold has been the best color.
    4. The weather has not been good to us. I'm going to try it tomorrow in an East wind and just hope I get a few. West is the best-East is the least
    5. patience is key. My first few solo walleye years were pretty slim. Over time, I got a little better and still have alot to learn.

Default Bouncers and weight forward lures

We are using bottom bouncers and mayfly rigs with good results at the far west end of the lake. The fishing is not hot and heavy but with time and a little patience we are managing limit catches most of the time. If any one is interested I am running a 2day speacial on my charter for May 24, & 25. You can't beat the price special and maybe I can help you out with the way we fish the lures.