May14 May14 May14 May14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: May14

slystarnes Guest

Default May14

We have a group coming up Thurs. (from Pitt/Columbus/Warren) fishing thur-sun.....should it be good? Sounds like its been tough fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

There is potential for a phenominal weekend. This is the time of year when things get exciting. I will post late tomorrow and let you know what we find.

Jfish Guest

We plan to troll this weekend in 30fow. Last year this time we picked up a bunch at dusk trolling fast (2.5 - 3mph) on jets.

North of B, C can area.

slystarnes Guest

Question harness

Do you see driffing or trolling this weekend?

Jfish Guest

It depends on the wind as to whether I drift or troll.

If it's flat calm I'll troll or if it's a light chop. If there's a good drift and too rough to troll, I'll drift. I have an 18 1/2 ft. boat that's kind of deep and I'm afraid that it might blow around if it's to choppy. It's a new boat and I haven't trolled on it yet.

Trolling might be a little more productive and it's loads of fun. However, I love to catch fish casting, but that stinks when it's flat calm.

slystarnes Guest

Question little help

Gonna get rain and wind tonight...then clear tomorrow moring...Thur fishing.....what should be our plan? any locations to try?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slystarnes View Post
    Gonna get rain and wind tonight...then clear tomorrow moring...Thur fishing.....what should be our plan? any locations to try?
    I have herd that they are still catching them about 2 to 3 miles north east of wild wings jiggin, and also around crib reef. I would have a mixed bag of tricks with minnows and worms. Good Luck!