a little help a little help a little help a little help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: a little help

leoharris Guest

Default a little help

hello all i am new here and to fishing on the lake. i recently, with my brother brought a 25' century. trying to get some info on walleye jigs. also what are hair jigs? sorry if i sound dumb but i am new and have limited time to fish. so a little jump start on some education would be helpful. i thank you in advance for any of your time and suggestions.

Tomcat Guest

Default Hair Jigs

Leoharris, the best thing to do (if you don't know what hair jigs look like , isto walk into any bait store, (The Bait Barn, Happy Hooker, Ricards, Highway Bait, or even Wal-Mart) and ask the attendant. They will not only put you on to the right color, but also the proper weight. (as they do come in different sizes.) They will also tell you where theyre biting. The bait business is big business around thelake, and most owners know that if they give you proper advice that you will be a loyal customer. So work that to your advantage.!!! T.C.

Post Thanks / Like

I just recentley purchased a bunch of new jigs from www.walleyehairjigs.com. I recommend 5/8 or 3/4oz and I always run a stinger hook. Purple seems to always be a hot color but we have had luck with many different colors this year

leoharris Guest

Default thks

thanks for the start. we are docking our boat at meink marina. havebt been in the bait stores yet but soon will. thanks guys