maumee bay- turtle island area maumee bay- turtle island area maumee bay- turtle island area maumee bay- turtle island area
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile maumee bay- turtle island area

I need a report for turtle island and maumee bay hump area, heard reports
    but want true reports, putting boat in sat want to know where to go bay or reefs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wayne j

capt jim lamb, jon`s bro, waiting for a bay report too, been fishing the reefs with limited success let me know if you hear any bay info

Post Thanks / Like

Smile The Bay

The bay is the bay. The fish are there, but they feel a little sick right now breathing in all the mud the noreasters held in. More rain expected for the next few days so it will only get worse. If you want to fish the bay go to the mudline towards the michigan line. It does clean up there, but with all the rain the next few days I would focus on the reef area. One mistake allot of fisherman make on the reefs is they go to the reefs. I recommend you try towards Magee Marsh and fish in 13 FOW and drift to 16-17. If the water is dirty drift over 19-20 FOW and watch your graphs. The water on the bottom is colder and cleaner. You'll see the Mienke Boys out there and if ya see a Pirate Charter boat its worth the drift. Snow Pirate, Treasure Pirate, and Kieth started a third boat but I dont know its exact name, but it will be Pirate something. I'm gonna wait till the water clears. Generally it takes 3 days for the bay to clean with south-west winds.

Keep in mind that the current flows west to east. And when we have east winds it stops the flow of water. The Bay is like a balloon. The river fills with air (Muddy Water) and with noreasters the water has no place to go. When the wind changes and blows from the S or W its like flushing a toilet.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thursday fenwicks 4/2/09 how was it

We tried but it was not in the cards to get out last thurs like we planned got busy at the shop did any one fish thursday, I need some good fish stories until next time weather and buisness permits me to get out .

Post Thanks / Like

Is this Wayne Johnson carpenter extrordinaire? And Jon Lamb, x- carpenter refinery operator? I've only tried the bay once so far, last Saturday morning. Got in one 20 min drift near the grn/wht bouy caught one missed a couple before the big waves sent us packing. They have to be in there thick. Can't get my boys to leave the reefs!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by captjimjr View Post
    capt jim lamb, jon`s bro, waiting for a bay report too, been fishing the reefs with limited success let me know if you hear any bay info
    capt. jim, this is wayne I hear of good reports from turtle but don't if to
    belive them, river has been hot legal males berky power bait in white and
    fire tiger, you may want to tip your jigs with them, they swallow them in the river, how maney fish and what reefs are you fishing, we will put boat in next sat. at
    mienkes west dock 153 floater (sparky's toy) let me know what going on.
    thanks wayne river_rat43617 at yahoo. com.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Erie water flow

jiginitis69,

Good post, and I know you probably know this, but thought I'd post it so others may not get the wrong idea.

Yes, strong east winds do raise the water level in the western basin, forcing water up into the western shoreline and river areas. However, these winds and "piled up" waters create strong east flowing bottom currents, so water is still flowing eastward. East winds push surface waters west, forcing return eastern bottom currents.

The same is true for strong west winds, creating strong west flowing bottom currents. The currents around the Islands areas can at time be really strange, depending on the wind direction and velocity.

All this has an effect on the fish, and where they go. I dove a wreck off Pelee Island a few years ago, the water clarity was decent, about 4-6 feet, wreck had lots of smallmouth and other fish. My buddy brought his son back to the same wreck two days later, wind from the opposite direction. The water clairity on the wreck was clear, 15-20 feet visibility, BUT NO FISH.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wayne

still spotty on the reefs, nailed them two sundays ago at locust, no real reports since.best areas are k can locust and any where from bessie to crane creek in the 16-17 fow range,to early and/or too muddy but fish are there, will be out again this week, let you know